Mandy Buchanan's Reviews > Reign of Blood

Reign of Blood by Alexia Purdy

F 50x66
Apr 17, 12

I was a littel concerned to sit down and write a review for this book. I was honored to receive an ARC of it from Alexia. I loved Evershade and thought why not. I like her and her writing I will give it a shot. The first few chapters I kept asking myself, why am I reading this book. This isnt like the books I normally read nor like. I am not an end of days type of person. I want to see all the happy frills, not the doom and gloom. I owed it to Alexia to continue to read the book and not give up on it. I think Alexia has single handly changed my opinion on these styles of books. I loved the struggle of her main character April. A teenager that should be worried about normal things such as dating, dancing and growing up. She is faced with trying to save her mother and brother from some really wicked zombified vampires. Then she meets Rye, Blaze and Miranda and everything she thought she knew isnt what she really knew. I am very interested in seeing where Alexia takes her characters in her books to come. She could do anything with them. Great story telling and wonderful writing. Keep it up Alexia! And thank you very much for allowing me the opportunity to read it early!
4 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Reign of Blood.