Michael's Reviews > Even Cowgirls Get the Blues

Even Cowgirls Get the Blues by Tom Robbins

Jul 16, 07

bookshelves: contemporary_fiction, bullshit, comedy-parody
Read in August, 1997

Gosh, but I hated this book. It felt smarmy. And mind you, I love people like Pynchon et al, but this felt like it thought it was smart but wasn't very, and it hasn't aged well. Made myself finish it because I'd been told I'd love Robbins, but this was my introduction and I never looked back.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Even Cowgirls Get the Blues.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kate (new)

Kate I hated the first Tom Robbins book I read, too, and also gave up. Glad to hear I'm not alone.

Melinda This was my first attempt at reading Tom Robbins, and I couldn't make my way through it. Awful stuff.

message 3: by Kat (new)

Kat if this had been my first attempt, i probably would have hated him too. if you feel like giving him another chance, i'd check out still life with woodpecker.

Tominda Adkins This is my fifth Robbins, and I HATE it. Every bit as much as I LOVE the others I've read. I don't know what he is doing here! But give Jitterbug Perfume or Fierce Invalids a chance--they are so wonderful!

message 5: by Claire (new)

Claire aw geeze. i just picked up this book and am about to start. i was recommended him as well. yeeesh.

Theresa Hargitai This is the only Tom Robbins that I simply can't read. I tried more than once because I LOVE his other books!