Andrea's Reviews > 150 Pounds: A Novel of Waists and Measures

150 Pounds by Kate Rockland

Apr 19, 12

did not like it
Read from April 17 to 19, 2012

I wish there was a choice other than "read, to read, and currently reading". Something like "couldn't make it through" would work for me.

Did someone edit this book? Is there a reason that on page 22 Shoshana's father's name was Bill, and then on page 26, his name was Bob?

Pg 22: "She had been in the middle of baking a cherry pie and had flour on her hands and an apron which scattered like confetti as she ran toward her husband and daughter "Oh Bill!" she'd screamed."

Pg 26: "Bob used to tease her that her autobiography would someday be titled I Should Have Had the Fish. She smiled now, remembering."

Methinks she doesn't remember so well. She has moved on to the point she has forgotten his name. Or maybe her daughter did. Who cares.

So many books to read, so little time.
Mistakes like this annoy me.
Color me done.
5 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read 150 Pounds.

message 1: by Kim (new) - rated it 1 star

Kim I'm so glad you wrote this. Found this for a dollar at a used book sale yesterday, started it when I got home, got to page 40-something (who cares) and realized, No. Life is too short for books like this and that dollar would have been so much better spent on a Slim Jim.