Fallon's Reviews > Origins

Origins by Kevin Williamson

Apr 24, 12

bookshelves: kindle, paranormal, pnr, series, vampire, young-adult
Read from April 17 to 18, 2012

First I want to say that I had a friend recommend this book to me and that’s why I decided to pick it up. I thought the original books were ok, but nothing spectacular, and I actually really enjoy the TV program. Also according to LJ Smith’s website she doesn’t actually write this series of books, her name is just attached since she created the series, which kind of sucks I would not like creating a world and having it ripped out from under me because people wanted to make money. That is beside the point though.

I found the story kind of boring, with some interesting tidbits here and there, but mostly I saw a lot of contradictions, both from the original 4 books AND with the TV show. I do wish we had more Damon in the story, because I always preferred the darker Salvatore brother over Stefan, Stefan is just a little too whiny for me. Also the story is pretty much one that we’ve seen in the series, and since this is geared to the audience of the show, I’d like to think they’d expand upon somethings or make them more interesting instead of writing the script down in book form and saying, “Hey look something new and shiny”. That’s maybe just me, but this book just didn’t cut it for me. It was kind of lazy of the writers and a cheap way of making money. Did it have some entertainment value, yeah, but it’s nothing to write home about. If you’re a super fan of the show/series, then you’ve know what’s in this book but you may still enjoy it. Read it while the shows in hiatus and get your VD fix (ha that looks wrong ). Otherwise I’d skip over this one.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Origins.