Yami's Reviews > The Long Walk

The Long Walk by Richard Bachman

Oct 10, 12

Recommended to Yami by: Nawel nanou
Read from April 17 to 26, 2012

It's true that the book is quite depressing as it plunges you into an intense mental torture as you follow closely the characters through the "game" but King gives a whole new perception of what a game could be. It isn't a classic Stephen King, though. He built up a live circumstance of what physical and mental exhaustion look like by being part of a game which consisted of walking till death. I found it hard to put the book down for a moment as I feared another gunshot. I felt the deep mental fatigue by reading the players' multiple, sometimes paradoxical, teenage, and edge-cutting thoughts and actions. It gives you a lot to think about. Things we never thought of really. Especially this particular following thought: How long will I have marched?
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Long Walk.

04/17/2012 page 107
29.0% "Gah! Never imagined it this way... Although it is only fiction. It is Horrible.
Who's getting shot next? Go Garraty! Finish this ALIVE! :)"
04/20/2012 page 172
46.0% ""- Mon père a été escouadé, répondit lanconiquement Garraty."
Va-t-on enfin découvrir pourquoi se sont-ils engagés dans cette aventure suicidaire? :O"
04/20/2012 page 177
48.0% "- Bien sur, c'est des animaux. Tu crois que tu viens de découvrir un nouveau principe? Des fois je me demande si tu es vraiment aussi naif que ça. Les romains se gavaient pendant les combats de gladiateurs. C'est une distraction, Garraty. Ca n'a rien de nouveau.
Il rit encore et Garraty le dévisagea, fasciné."
show 1 hidden update…