Jacob Beneventi's Reviews > Saint Iggy

Saint Iggy by K.L. Going

M 50x66
Apr 24, 12

Saint Iggy was overall a very good book. You really get inside the head of the main character Iggy and it helps you understand how his mind works. He is not like other kids it seemed to me that he didn’t have a filter between right and wrong. This was one of those books that you really enjoy reading because the whole story is inside Iggy's mind, the way he looks at certain situations is unlike anyone I’ve ever meant. There was never really a dull moment in the book; it was all about his journey to make something of his life. I feel like everyone knows an Iggy Corso at their school. I personally gained sympathy for people who aren’t necessarily socially accepted and people I may not understand. He is a human being just like everyone else. It was surprising that he had a dead beat dad and a MIA mother who was both addicted to drugs that he was still a good kid even though he doesn’t thing before he does things. I think that one of the main reasons he did not really have any friends was because he gave off a vibe to people that he was unapproachable. I was very surprised with the ending of the book. The whole time I was reading it I thought that everything was going to work out for Iggy and he was going to make something of his life. I was disappointed that he dies in the end. But I thought it was honorable what he did. But since this book is inside the mind of a troubled teenage boy, there is some content that might not be appropriate for children. With that being said I would recommend this book to young adults.The only part of the book that I did not enjoy was the ending. I had it set in my mind that he was gunna make it in life; he was not guna live up to everyones expectation. The worst part was that he didn't get to prove anyone wrong, he died with everyones same impression of him.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Saint Iggy.