fighthate's Reviews > Catching Fire

Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins

F 50x66
Apr 17, 12

Read on April 17, 2012

I love the first Hunger Games book. Finally a female protagonist who is a badass, who does not have to rely on men for everything. She is a survivor. She even keeps Peeta alive.

All of that went out the window in this book. Her personality is completely different. I understand that she went through the horror of the Hunger Games and should be dark and cynical, but that shouldn't change the fact that she doesn't give a damn about love. She is needy and pathetic. I do not expect her to be the perfect hero and want her to be deep enough to have doubts and sorrow, but she is the opposite. Her sadness just becomes neediness. I honestly think the Katniss from book one would shoot the Katniss from book 2 if she met her. I lost all my respect for Katniss because she turned into every other stupid blubbering Bella Swan character out there (and no, I didn't make it all the way through Twilight).

I am so angry about her portrayal in this book. I doubt I will even read the last one.

Maybe I'll come back and rewrite this review to give it more substance and explanation, but right now I am still fuming from this book.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Catching Fire.