Ellen's Reviews > Murder on the Half Shelf

Apr 17, 2012

bookshelves: mystery-cozy, my-favorites, barrett
Read in October, 2012

A wonderful escape into the world of Haven't Got a Clue., October 2, 2012
By Ellen Rappaport (Florida)
This review is from: Murder on the Half Shelf (A Booktown Mystery) (Hardcover)
"Murder on the Half Shelf" is the 6th in the BookTown Mystery series by Lorna Barrett. I've read all of the books in series and continue to be an eager fan.

Haven't Got a clue is the mystery bookshop run by Tricia Miles in Stoneham, New Hampshire. Tricia's shop is among many cozy shops in that village with growing relationships between the owners. As a matter of fact Stoneham seems to have just about everything to offer it's visitors except a bed & breakfast. That's when Jon & Pippa Comfort have a pre-scheduled opening for their bed & breakfast, Sheer Comfort Inn. Those attending the pre-scheduled opening are citizens of Stoneham which happen to include Tricia and her sister, Angelica.

The hopefully pleasant over night stay doesn't begin on such a pleasant note for Tricia due to her over bearing, self-centered sister. Gratefully, Angelica, did not remain as such throughout the story. Their relationship grew and developed into a workable sister team.

A person from Tricia's past rears his ugly head under an asssumed identity. Tricia is soon onto him and the truth behind his sudden disappearance in a previous book becomes clear.
I thoroughly enjoyed the conmraderie between the characters in this small town as their dialogue brought me into the solving of this murder. The ending was from out of the blue and I had no idea of the real murderer until it was revealed. There was the introduction of an unlikely new character with this story, who was not someone I would have chosen. However, that character appears to have proven herself in the scheme of things.

What can I say about the ending except...outstanding! Do not read the ending first.

Highly entertaining and engrossing. Totally enjoyable.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Murder on the Half Shelf.

05/13/2016 marked as: read