Natalie's Reviews > The Body at the Tower

The Body at the Tower by Y.S. Lee

Apr 17, 12

bookshelves: victorian, young-adult, historical-fiction, mystery
Read in April, 2012, read count: 1

I had this book sitting at my house forever. I was waiting for the first one to come in at the library so I could read it again and refresh. Finally I couldn't stand it anymore and I just had to read it immediately.

Of course I loved it. How could I not? It has all my favorite elements - mystery, romance, intrigue, historical, victorian - sigh. That is the formula for an excellent novel.

Mary is going undercover again. This time as a boy. There has been a murder at the work site of Big Ben. She needs to figure out who dunnit. Of course, the suave and arrogant James just happens to arrive on the scene. He has been hired on as a safety inspector, in lieu of the recent death. Mary and James team up to try and figure out what is really going at Big Ben and who is telling lies.

It's just fun. There's something about these novels that sticks with me. Mary is such a fabulously unique character and I love watching her self-discovery. It is well researched and the Victorian world pops off the page.

Alas, my local library doesn't have book 3 which means I'll have to buy it. Darn. ;)
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Body at the Tower.