Donna {Book Passion for Life}'s Reviews > Elixir

Elixir by Jennifer L. Armentrout

3 winners will receive a copy of Elixir. http://bookpassionforlife.blogspot.co... - Ends on October 31st 2012! GO ENTER NOW!

"Alex, you have to be in there. I know you. Mt heart would not be beating if you were truly gone."

You all know how much I adore this series and after reading Elixir I know it's definitely my favourite series ever. The Covenant series just gets better and better with each book and Elixir really is just as phenomenal as the rest - maybe even better because it's a novella told from Aiden's point of view.

Elixir takes place right where Deity ends and for those of you, who haven't read Deity, please, please do not read this book. It will spoil everything for you and also you will be missing keys parts of the story. This story shows you the lengths Aiden will go to to save Alex from Seth and being the Apollyon. He does the one thing he knows Alex hates because he knows how scared she is of it but really, he has no choice.

This story is absolutely heart-breaking and if anything pure torture. It's such a torturous read because we really see what Aiden really thinks and feels and it's painful. I cried for him - it's heart-breaking. He's struggling with the losing Alex, he's struggling to bring her back and he's struggling to keep her safe. He will do whatever it takes to get her back to him - but to do that, he needs to have hope and thankfully, he does. He's more hopeful than anyone. He knows that it will work out because he can't bare the thought of losing her and honestly, Elixir showed me everything about Aiden - his strength and his love for Alex that it makes me love him that much. There's so many shocking twists in this story that just left amazed by Jennifer's talent to keep knocking out amazing plots.

By the end of this book, my heart broke again, if that's even possible but, as a reader I have hope and I'm so, so excited to see what happens next.

Many thanks to Spencer Hill Press for giving me the opportunity to review this book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Elixir.

10/12/2012 page 10
12.0% "Aww Aiden - I love you!"

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sam (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sam I didn't even know about this novella, but I am so excited for it! Anything about Aiden is a must-read for me lol. :D

Donna {Book Passion for Life} Ha! I know right...I don't think I even new either until I read it on Jennifer's website earlier - so I added it too Goodreads then. lol.

message 3: by Sam (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sam That and the fifth book too. Though even 5 isn't enough for me lol. :D

Donna {Book Passion for Life} I know! Me and Jess were only talking the other day about there only be four books and we were sad. LOL. 3 more books! I can't wait!

Lucia I already downloaded this BUT I have to wait since I havent read Deity yet! this is pure torture!!!

Donna {Book Passion for Life} Oh hun, I feel for you. DON'T READ IT THOUGH! I've seen people read it now and they haven't read Deity. It will spoil everything. =(

Lucia Well, I definitely do not want to spoil Deity for myself so I am not going to read it. But I wish I could, though. 24 days to go...

Donna {Book Passion for Life} Good! I'm counting down with you too because I want to re-read it! =)

Taryn at My Secret Romance This sounds sooooo good. I haven't read this author yet but I've heard good things about her.

Donna {Book Passion for Life} NO WAY Taryn! You have to! This series is my favourite by her but her Lux and her adult books are very good too. Seriously you need to buy them! =)

Taryn at My Secret Romance Haha I've heard she is great! I think its the adut ones I've heard more abouy....I will add them to my list. :)

Donna {Book Passion for Life} It all depends if you enjoy YA books. Covenant series has the same feel as Vampire Academy. I loved VA but this series is so much better! I hope you do get a chance to read them.

Taryn at My Secret Romance I'm not a big YA fan but I LOVE VA! Love that series!! Wow so I will be checking these out sooner. Thanks so much!