Chauntika's Reviews > A Perfect Storm

A Perfect Storm by Lori Foster

Apr 17, 12

bookshelves: loved-it, adult, 2012, adult-romantic-suspense, edge-of-honor
Read in April, 2012

A Perfect Storm is the latest book in the Men Who Walk the Edge of Honor series. And this one is definitely my favorite of the series.

The reason I loved it so much is because of the heroine, Arizona. I loved her.

Arizona is a strong young woman who at the age of eighteen was sold to human traffickers by her own father. She endured years of abuse, and because of that she now makes it her business to take down as many human traffickers as possible. Jackson from Savor the Danger saved her from being killed, and because of what she’s been through the whole group coddles her.

But Arizona refuses to be coddled. She has learned how to protect herself by taking self-defense classes and weapons training. She wants to be up front in the action and not be behind the scenes. I love that even though she has been through so much abuse, she doesn’t cower. She is capable of taking the bad guys on, and she is determined to prove it to Jackson, Trace, Dare and especially Spencer.

Spencer is the bounty hunter whom she had a run in with on her last case. And she goes to him for help on the current case that she is working on involving some human traffickers who own a seedy bar. Spencer just wants her protected and safe. And as far away from the danger of the world that she had been subjected to for all those years. He also has an uncontrollable attraction to her, and he is freaked out about it, not only because of her history with men but also because of her age. He is thirty-two years old and she is twenty-one.

Arizona has a lot of issues to deal with concerning men. Spencer is the only man since Jackson that she has wanted to be intimate with, and she doesn’t know if she can let herself be with him. Sex to her has always been cold and unpleasant. An act that was forced upon her. But with Spencer she feels hunger and wanting which is totally new to her. I loved the way their relationship played out. Spencer didn’t rush her, and he complied with her “glitches.”

As far as the suspense part of the story, I really liked how the case evolved. I loved that Arizona saved herself. She got out of the situation herself. She was strong enough to fight back and win. And Spencer was just there for support. I loved that.

I would definitely recommend A Perfect Storm for those who want a sexy, action-packed romantic suspense.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Perfect Storm.