Lenore Webb's Reviews > Wish You Were Here

Wish You Were Here by Beth K. Vogt

Apr 17, 2012

Read in April, 2012

When I saw Beth K. Vogt's debut novel, Wish You Were Here I knew that I had to read it. It was fun. Of course there is a run away bride (the cover gives that away). But it goes on to much of that 'what do I want with my life' that so many of us search for. It is easy to fall into the plan. You know the one. School, College, Work, Marriage, Kids, Grandkids. Just the next step that you take like everyone else.

So what do you do when you realize that your plan is not right. Do you jump out or not. When do you say wait....this is my life. We all hope that inside we would do that. Stop the bus, get off the train, run away until we figured out what we was suppose to be doing. But I think that the majority of us go along with the plan hope that it will work out right. I have to say that Allison, the main character, of 'Wish You Were Here' stopped before she made a mistake. But then she had to also stop everything else so she could hear what was coming up next for her. That is hard to do too.

Allison Denman is supposed to get married in five days, but everything is all wrong. She is decidedly not doing the right thing. Can she have make such a mistake? It seems Allison’s life is nothing but mistakes at this point. So she pulls a “Runaway Bride” but that does not solve her problems. It is time to stop being in control and give it up. But to find her way again.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wish You Were Here.