Lucia's Reviews > Gabriel's Inferno

Nov 09, 13

bookshelves: favorites, ppb, 5-stars-read
Read on April 01, 2012 — I own a copy, read count: 3

My Julia and Gabriel:

Wow! This is a phenomenal book!

Gabriel's Inferno is the best story about forbidden love I have ever read. All characters were believable and real. They have their ups and downs, fears and dreams, past issues and hopes for future. This is very compact and smart book. It has everything - romance, erotica, art, religious elements. I really enjoyed reading it, it made me cry, laugh, smile, anxious... Reading Gabriel's Inferno was really a fulfilling experience! And I absolutely love all those references to another classic literary works, especially the ones considering Lord of the Rigs.

Main female character, Julia, is kind, sweet, smart and reincarnation of pure goodness. But also, she can be very passionate and angry when needed. She has definitely become my favourite female heroine. She always did exactly the same thing I would do if I was in her shoes. And Gabriel... he went thought various changes during the book and I have no other choice than fell in love with him. He may have a dark past and intense personality, but he is a true gentleman and he knows how to spoil a woman. I felt so much compassion for all characters, not just for Julia and Gabriel. Most of the time it was a sensual and pleasant reading but sometimes it was very heart-wrenching and my heart was racing when something bad was about to happen or something tragic to be discussed (and there is not many books that would do that to me).

Dear SR, you have earned a prominent place on my favourite bookshelf with this book and you gained another devoted fan who is eagerly awaiting sequel.

MORE REVIEWS ON MY BLOG Reading Is My Breathing

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Gabriel's Inferno.

Quotes Lucia Liked

Sylvain Reynard
“Why not think that sometimes—just sometimes—you can overcome evil with silence? And let people hear their hatefulness in their own ears, without distraction. Maybe goodness is enough to expose evil for what it really is, sometimes.”
Sylvain Reynard, Gabriel's Inferno

Sylvain Reynard
“Bad things happen to everyone. Not that this was an excuse or a justification for wronging another human being. Still, all humans had this shared experience — that of suffering. No human being left this world without shedding a tear, or feeling pain, or wading into the sea of sorrow.”
Sylvain Reynard, Gabriel's Inferno

05/03/2012 page 203
40.0% "Wow! What an enthralling and sensual reading so far. I'm loving it"
10/29/2013 marked as: currently-reading 5 comments
10/29/2013 "Time for re-read :)"
11/09/2013 marked as: read

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Bookish Temptations Hi Lucia!
Let me know when you read Gabriel's Inferno. It was my #1 book of 2011, and there are all kinds of fun things coming up on Bookish Temptations in conjunction with the release of the sequel :)

Lucia I have already ordered it last week so I am impatiently waiting for delivery :) And thanks for recommendation, I am going to check Bookish Temptations for more info about sequel, hopefully it will get me through the waiting :)

Bookish Temptations Yay! I think you'll get a kick out of several things this week :)

Natalie★for the love of TBH!★ Great review. And soon the sEquel will Be here...YEY!

Lucia I know I know :) I cannot wait to have the sequel in my hands and re-read it countless times!

message 6: by Vic (new) - rated it 4 stars

Vic Omg! I thought i was the only one! Emmy rossum is my julia mitchell and david gandy is my gabriel tooo!!!

Lucia Vic wrote: "Omg! I thought i was the only one! Emmy rossum is my julia mitchell and david gandy is my gabriel tooo!!!"

They would be perfect in there was movie, right?

message 8: by Vic (new) - rated it 4 stars

Vic Yes!!!! But its pretty impossible because david gandy doesnt act cause hes a model. But whenever i reread the book i really imagine them as julia and mitchell! Hey nice casting tho haha i thought inwas the only one rooting for these two ;)

message 9: by Bnice (new) - added it

Bnice Thanks for teh review. Looking forward to reading this book.

Lucia Bnice wrote: "Thanks for teh review. Looking forward to reading this book."

Thanks Bnice :) I love this series!

message 11: by Lisa Jayne (new)

Lisa Jayne It's a book that I keep meaning to read but I've never got around to it x

message 12: by Jen (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jen Great review Lucia! David Gandy is the perfect Gabriel.

Lucia Lisa Jayne wrote: "It's a book that I keep meaning to read but I've never got around to it x"

I love it so much Lisa, I have already read it like 3 times. It is different from usual contemporary romance stories and I love it :)

Lucia Jen wrote: "Great review Lucia! David Gandy is the perfect Gabriel."

Thank you Jen! :)

Lucia Christine The Dark Romance Junkie wrote: "Great review Lucia!!!"

Thanks Christine! x

Pavlina loves Dex ❤❤  Amazing review Lucia :))

Lucia Pavlina loves Derek ❤❤ wrote: "Amazing review Lucia :))"

Thanks a lot Pavlina :)

Natalie★for the love of TBH!★ This will never get old :)