Wee Shubba's World's Reviews > Elemental

Elemental by Brigid Kemmerer

Apr 17, 12

Read in April, 2012

I haven't really read much about this series but I knew it was something I would enjoy because I find it fascinating when characters in books can control the Elements. This is just a short story that has really made me excited for the series.

Elemental is set five year before Storm and it follows Emily and Michael. Emily has the air Element and has too a job at the sports center to help her save money to move away. Michael's element is Earth and he is very powerful, so powerful those who are apart of the Elemental community think is a danger to everyone. However, when they end up in close contact they end up being attracted to each. Sadly, both their parents want them to stay away from each. But her brother, he wants Michael Dead.

With just 50 pages I was completely hooked from page one. I connected with both Emily and Michael straight away. Usually in novella's I find it hard to feel a connection but this was not the case here. Emily hates the fact the her life is so full of hate that she just wants to go away from family. Michael, who everyone think is a danger is so sweet and lovely. OK, there is a slight danger about him but that only adds to his appeal. And the chemistry between them is wonderful. Having the story told from both Points of View we get inside both their head and feel what they are feeling.

However, I didn't really like how the ended. I know its only a short story and you can only fit so much in it but I felt like it just leaves you hanging there. So I only hope find out what happens in book 1.

I am really looking forward to reading Storm and seeing how this series continues. It's different and exciting with what i can only hope more swoonworthy guys!! ;)
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Elemental.