Crystal Marcos's Reviews > Gregor the Overlander

Gregor the Overlander by Suzanne Collins

Apr 17, 12

Yes, I'll admit I had this book on my to-read list because it was written by Suzanne Collins who wrote the Hunger Games. It wasn't on my hurry up to-read list but when it came available on Audible.com for a steal of a deal, I snagged it. I also knew there would be no problem having my husband listen to it with me since it was written by Suzanne.

The reason it wasn't on my hurry up to-read list was, quite honestly, I wasn't sure I was going to like it. Here is the reason why straight from the description: "There, humans live uneasily beside giant spiders, bats, cockroaches, and rats� but the fragile peace is about to fall apart.

Gregor wants no part of a conflict between these creepy creatures."...

Well, I wasn't sure I wanted any conflict with these creatures either!

My husband and I were pleasantly surprised at how much we enjoyed this book. If you would have told us we would be feeling emotions for a cockroach we would have said, "Bug off!"

I admired the character Gregor for his sense of responsibility and becoming the man of the house after his father's disappearance.

We also found humor in Gregor's 2 year old sister who went along for the adventure. We have a 2 year old, and a 2 year old nephew and niece. Although they aren't as fearless as the character Boots, we could relate.

This book is very creative and has interesting characters, humans and creatures alike. We will certainly be continuing the series together.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Gregor the Overlander.