Kristina's Reviews > Whisper Walker

1966353
May 08, 2012

bookshelves: arc-egalley-for-review
Read from April 28 to 29, 2012

I'll be honest, I really had no idea what to expect with Whisper Walker but I ended up really enjoying it. It was a quick read (only 122 pages) but there was enough action and suspense to keep me satisfied until the very end.

Drake is a Hunter, and one of the best in his field. At 17, he is the guy to go to when you need something. A few years earlier, he took Kelsie in who ran away from her father and the two have been living together ever since. What started out as a childhood friendship is turning into sexual feelings on both of their parts and it was cute how they both tried to hide it from each other. I really liked the bantering between the two of them and the romantic in me kept wanting them to get together.

Whisper Walker was extremely fast paced and from page one, I was swept into the world that London Cole had created. There are ghosts, evil spirits and ancient prophecies, which completely kept me hooked! Turns out that both Drake and Kelsie can see ghosts and it is up to them to save everyone from the nasty Dybbuk, an evil spirit that can force the soul out of a human, turning him or her into an empty, soulless killer.

My only issue was I felt the writing was a little choppy and sometimes it felt a little out of place at some parts. I would have also liked more background knowledge on both Drake and Kelsie. I enjoyed both of these characters so much, especially Kelsie who is just totally kick-ass, but I didn't really feel connected to them like I would have wanted.

Also, that ending?? Only a boy author could leave you hanging like that!

Overall, I really enjoyed Whisper Walker and I am looking forward to seeing what this new author has in store for us next!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Whisper Walker.

04/29/2012 page 62