Jeanine's Reviews > Something Secret This Way Comes

Something Secret This Way Comes by Sierra Dean

Apr 16, 2012

Read in October, 2012

This series is like a modest rendition of the Riley Jensen novels, which I love since I am not big on smutty novels, though I'll read them if the premise and storyline are good. Unlike the Riley Jensen novels, Sierra Dean includes the introduction of a fairy world and demi-gods-- concepts that aren't usually thrown in with vampires and werewolves. This novel was featured on Amazon for Kindle for free and it was so good that I feel like I robbed Ms. Dean of the royalties she deserves.

Secret McQueen is the only half-vampire, half-werewolf hybrid known to the supernatural world, except her heritage isn't really known by anyone except for the mother that abandoned her, the grandmother who raised her, and a couple others she trusts with her secret-- no pun intended.
Secret is a vampire hunter and works for the infamous Tribunal, a group of Vampire Elders who uphold Vampiric law. Though her life isn't perfect, she is able to deal with the life she's been dealt and keep her parentage out of the lime-light; that is until she meets a couple werewolves that her wolf-half latches onto with a bond that extends soul-deep. And of course destiny doesn't stop there; she not only soul-bonds with two weres, they are none other than the Wolf King of the East and his second-in-comand... It helps that they are both beyond HOT... or maybe that makes it harder for her ;)
Something Secret This Way Comes is a great introduction to the Secret McQueen series and is equipped with romance, action, and humor. I am on my way to reading the second installment to the series right now and can hardly wait to see what is in store for Secret.
Happy reading!!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Something Secret This Way Comes.

Michele (Reading Lark/CanadianTwiMom) This actually sounds really good! Whatya think?! Is this grown-up or YA? Should I add it to my ever-growing TBR pile?! :P

Jeanine It is definitely grown-up, but the writing style seems more YA, if that makes any sense... It is good, but not great. The series is serving as a much welcomed distraction from waiting for Insurgent and CoLS to come out.

Michele (Reading Lark/CanadianTwiMom) Ok... I'll think on this one. :P I'm rereading Shift right now... I love this story! I can't wait for Shine now! Next up is rereading CoFA.