Melissa Klug's Reviews > Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking

Quiet by Susan Cain

Apr 17, 12

bookshelves: 2012
Read from April 16 to 17, 2012

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Quiet.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Carrie Really? I am curious about why it struck you as a 5 star read. I don't doubt your decision, I think we just perceived it very differently. Interesting.

Melissa Klug I really did love it. (I'm also fairly free and easy with my rating system, if I really loved something when I'm done reading it, I don't really stop to think whether it's 4 or 5, so my 5 star may be your 3)...I just loved her points on how the world is not set up for introverts and how many contributions we may be missing out on by forcing kids to be extroverts when they're not wired that way, and how our educational system AND workplaces are set up to be so much better for one type of thinker. I'm just as curious why you didn't enjoy it?

Carrie For me, it's for the reasons I wrote in my review. None of it seemed like news to me... seemed like common sense. I would have probably applauded it more if I were a breeder, as I do think kids are 'expected' to be raised in rather unnatural ways, and her points there were valid. Her points across the board were valid; just not eye-opening to me. Thinking things through before acting? GASP! Radical.

Barbara Reading now based on your review and I am loving it so far!