Kelly's Reviews > Maddy's Floor

251943
Apr 18, 12

bookshelves: ebooks, read-in-2012
Read from April 16 to 18, 2012

I really like the world that Dale Mayer has created with this series. It's a bit dark, a bit bloody and I like that the characters have to feel their way through their abilities. Maddy has the medical training to back up her particular skill and she uses it wisely. However, she's hampered by the rest of the world's distrust and misunderstanding of what she can do. Yet, those she treats show results and this gives her a bit of leeway in the medical trial she's conducting.

Probably the only thing in this book that gave me pause was the way everyone seemed to be sexually attracted to Maddy at first. It was borderline creepy with some of the characters and added another level of tension to Maddy's investigation. I will say that Dale Mayer kept me guessing right up to the end as to who was involved in the deaths of Maddy's patients. Yes, I'm a aware that I'm not a good guesser when it comes to these types of things, but I enjoyed trying to untangle the threads of this mystery.

Murder, mayhem, energy manipulation, and psychic visions kept me on my toes. Drew and Maddy's chemistry made me purr. I love that Stefan is the common thread that runs between the books in this series and I'm kinda excited about the hints that were dropped about his future.

-Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Maddy's Floor.