Vincent's Reviews > Playboy Best of Fiction, V2

Playboy Best of Fiction, V2 by Kurt Vonnegut

Dec 17, 14

bookshelves: audio-books, short-stories, vonnegut
Read in April, 2012

"Welcome to the Monkey House" - By far my favorite story. You can't beat Mr. Vonnegut's humor and his spot on observations of crazy.
"The Purpose of the Moon" by Tom Robbins - Not sure how my day was going, but this shortest of the stories is on my must "read" or listen too again. This is my first brush with Robbins, but I do own one of his paperbacks, "Even Cowgirls Get the Blues," on my Shelf of Constant Reproach. I will have to get to know Mr. Robbins soon.
"The Bookseller" by Roald Dahl - This story had me laughing out loud through most of the story. My characters of this collection were Mr. Buggage and Miss Tottle, but sadly the third act fell a little flat.
"Carnal Knowledge" by T. Coraghessan Boyle - This story hooked me early with the dog and its incontinency, but ran off into an unexpected, exaggerated, but still entertaining direction.
"Fahrvergnugen" by Jane Smiley - A pretty pathetic main character, but since he is male, our universal baseness can relate, unfortunately, at some level.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Playboy Best of Fiction, V2.