Kai Gomes's Reviews > The Throne of Fire

U 50x66
Apr 16, 2012

The Kane Chronicles: The Throne of Fire
By: Rick Riordan

The Throne of fire is the second book in the Kane chronicles series, and in my opinion is better than the first book, The Red Pyramid. Rick Riordan has only written two books so far because it is a fairly new series. He is writing two series at the same time so the next book doesn’t come out until the next year! He will release the third book, The Serpent’s Shadow on May 1st 2012.

This book is about two siblings Sadie and Carter Kane who are Egyptian magicians. They have created a school where new magicians come to learn the necessary skills. Two of Sadie and Carters’ best students are Walt and Jazz. At the beginning they break into the Brooklyn museum to find part of the book of Ra, but in the process Jazz uses excess magic and falls into a coma. The chaos serpent Apophis will soon rise and bring chaos upon the Earth, and the only way that the Earth has a chance to survive Sadie, Carter, Walt and a few godly friends must find and decode the book of Ra to stop Apophis. On their seemingly impossible task they encounter two-headed snakes, a senile god, gambling with a devious god, and the third most powerful magician in the world that has turned evil. They must find the other two parts which ore both heavily guarded by powerful magicians. Sadie, with help of their guardian find out a deadly secret about Walt that could determine his fate. Sadie, Carter and for a little while Walt, must travel to dangerous places and risk their lives for others. And they even lose one of their closest friends on the way. Will Sadie and Carter survive and succeed in their journey to stop Apophis and save the world? Only one way to find out, read the book!

5 Satar Rating

I gave this book a 5 star rating because I thought is was a well written with just the right blend of action, adventure, and suspense. This book is in the top 5 books that I have ever read. Because of how awesome the first book was it lead me to read this one which in my opinion is better than the first. This book, like the Red Pyramid and like a lot of the books written by Rick Riordan, is based on mythology. In this case it is Egyptian. Because he twisted facts about Ancient Egypt into this book, it is both education and helps you improve your reading skills. This book is very action-packed and is very hard for me to put down, once I was reading this book for 4 hours straight! One of my favorite parts was at the beginning when Carter, Sadie, Walt, and the unconscious Jazz flew on the newly freed griffin back home. It still amazes me how Rick Riordan can come up with all these new ideas, and fun way to teach kids. I hope that he writes many more books in this series, which will surely attract the attention of young readers all over the world. I think that this series and maybe other series that Rick Riordan will become the next Harry Potter. Some other series that I highly recommend are The Heroes of Olympus series, The Ranger’s Apprentice series, and the Brotherband Chronicles.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Throne of Fire.