Ryan's Reviews > Doom Patrol, Vol. 2: The Painting That Ate Paris

Doom Patrol, Vol. 2 by Grant Morrison

119733
Apr 16, 12

bookshelves: justok

Volume 2 of Morrison's run on this title has both its good points and bad. In the good, Case's art is starting to look a bit less amateur. The previous volume looked like it was drawn by Al Milgrom, and that's no compliment. Also the characters are starting to work more as a team. Although they are so messed up, this is difficult to understand. The storylines are bit more interesting now, the painting story was actually interesting when it got going and the story about Steele's armor coming to life was funny.

On the negative side, we are already starting to see the same plot repeated. The villians always want to destroy all existence. The heroes always get beat at the beginning, only to magically come back from the dead near the climax. Also, it feels to me like Morrison is just throwing as many strange ideas as possible at a wall to see which of them stick. Hopefully, by volume three, we will see more well planned out stories.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Doom Patrol, Vol. 2.