Ruth's Reviews > Ham on Rye

Ham on Rye by Charles Bukowski

Aug 28, 2008

Read in August, 2008

So what is a middle-class old woman who seldom drinks and never fights doing reading this book?

Enjoying the hell out of it.
443 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ham on Rye.

01/30 marked as: read

message 1: by Ken (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ken I read this two years ago. I enjoyed the hell out of it, too -- then promptly forgot everything about it. Ring on deli, I guess.

message 2: by Jayne (new)

Jayne I haven't read this one, but love your response. You'll never really be old, Ruth. You have too much spirit.

message 3: by Monica (new)

Monica Dear Newengland, I'm a fan of Ruth's and want to know if you wanna be friends. Sorry to do it here but I don't know the name of your dog.

Andrew Frischerz Haha!! This is great. Bukowski is amazing.

Jalawa I totally agree. He is very humorous. I find myself laughing with each page (almost). He lived a tough one with that father and mother if his. They had to be mentally ill. Maybe just never diagnosed.

Derek Wiltshire Greatest review ever

Ruth Derek wrote: "Greatest review ever"

Thanks, Derek.

Lisa Satpathy That's mildly terrifying . . . I wouldn't be surprised if she read stephan king

Ruth Lisasatpathy wrote: "That's mildly terrifying . . . I wouldn't be surprised if she read stephan king"

Who me? Never. And not because it's scary.

message 10: by Lisa (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lisa Satpathy Ruth wrote: "Lisasatpathy wrote: "That's mildly terrifying . . . I wouldn't be surprised if she read stephan king"

Who me? Never. And not because it's scary."

How very interesting.

message 11: by Ruth (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ruth Just not the kind of writer I enjoy.