Jess's Reviews > Wolf Line

Wolf Line by Vivian Arend

Jun 11, 12

bookshelves: for_review, paranormal

Review posted: Happily Ever After - Reads

WOLF LINE starts with lovable Jared running from the big brothers of a woman he slept with. He runs right on to a shifter only cruise ship before it sets out. Not wanting to give himself away, he impersonates a pack mate who didn’t show for his maintenance job (probably hung over, per Jared) and then he see Keri…and walks right by his mate, oblivious.

Keri knows instantly that Jared is her mate and can’t understand how he’s physically able to walk right by her and not say or do anything. Her wolf is going crazy needing to be around him, smell him, tumble with him. Add to this, she’s on the ship to help her best friend deal with the responsibility of running the cruise. She’s the troubleshooter, which basically comes down to her talking her friend off the edge of a cliff a time or two. Finally, in wolf form, Jared comes across and Keri and the light bulb goes off. It’s explained why Jared’s wolf knew immediately that Keri was his and human Jared didn’t, but it doesn’t matter now. Both wolf and human are on board and the mates have found each other.

This is one of the charming parts of this series for me – I love that the mating happens first and everything else just works itself out. Jared and Keri aren’t too concerned with knowing every little detail about each other, or even when they each suspect the other of being the jewel thief who’s being tracked on the ship. Nope – while they want to know the truth, they’re each more concerned with protecting the other person first, and then finding out all the details later. They were fun together, super sexy and delightful to read about. Of the two leads, Jared won me over most. There’s just something about his easy going, fun personality that made him very easy to like. He has an interesting past, an even more interesting family and I’d have loved to have learned more about his life both pre-Keri and with her.

As I mentioned above, there is a small suspense storyline that has the hero and heroine trying to figure out who is stealing jewels from the passengers. It’s a thread that goes through much of the story but it never felt front and center and I never really cared about that story. I was enjoying the play between Jared and Keri too much that all the supporting people and storylines fell to the side.

This latest installment to the Granite Lake Wolves series reads great as a standalone and I had fun getting to know Jared and Keri. These two wolves are playful and fun and it’s hard to resist Jared, who is such a sexy shifter!
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wolf Line.

message 1: by KindleRomance Reviews (last edited May 02, 2012 07:04PM) (new)

KindleRomance Reviews Nice review! I really like this author and this series. I do wish she would publish more of the Takhini series too.

Jess Kris (KindleRomance) wrote: "Nice review! I really like this author and this series. I do wish she would publish more of the Takhini series too."

I don't think I've read that series - must check it out!