Darlene's Reviews > Divine By Choice

Divine By Choice by P.C. Cast

Apr 25, 12

bookshelves: animals, centaurs, fantasy, horses, humor, kindle-books-i-own, kindle, magick, mythology, nature, not-loanable, oklahoma, paranormal, paranormal-romance, shapeshifters, strong-fem, tribal-ethinic, vampires, womyn
Recommended to Darlene by: the library
Recommended for: Yvensong, S. Michele, Tom, Chris
Read from April 16 to 25, 2012 , read count: Once but may read it again.

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this series! According to how you are counting this was the third (including the prequel) or the second in the series. The main character is a strong Oklahoma school teacher turned Goddess Incarnate. Shannon is a likable person in a mirror image of the previous GI Rhiannon. Except Rhiannon chose the dark side and ended up in Oklahoma while Shannon ended up in Partholon. Oops, but that changes somewhat in this book.

I don't want to give anything more away. Get ready to laugh or cry and possibly puke uncontrollably. The book holds you captive until you are gently set free.

I have ordered the next in the series, Divine by Blood. Can't wait to start reading it.

Let this be a lesson to those who find libraries to be places that steal away the profits. I accidentally checked out number five in this series. I couldn't follow it though I could tell I would love the book had I known more about the characters and the world. So I went online and have been buying and reading, in order these marvelous Kindle books. Though they are not lending enabled (a pity for those in this horrid economy that may not be able to afford them) they are at least text-to-speech enabled. That means when my eyes were tired I could still follow the story. Thank you!

P. C. Cast writes in a way that makes you feel you are a part of the story and her humor is always evident. She writes like she could be your best fem friend. Kudos for a job well done!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Divine By Choice.

04/19/2012
2.0% "This was on my cell so I could read while waiting on laundry. Already has my attention."
04/25/2012
43.0% "I love this series!"
show 3 hidden updates…