♡Karlyn P♡'s Reviews > Thief

Thief by Ava March

Apr 23, 12

bookshelves: genre-historical, genre-m-m, novella, novella-shortstory, read-2012, steam-hot
Read in April, 2012

A great short m/m historical romance with some hot steamy parts, but best of all a touching and heartfelt romance.

Ben had never had a male lover before and wants to understand once and for all if he really is attracted to men. In fantasy, yes. In reality? He didn't know. Shortly after meeting at a gambling club frequented by men seeking men, they begin what should have been a one night only affair.

One night together turned into another, but Cavin's secret life as a thief keeps him from returning to Ben again. Ashamed of who he has become for the sake of survival, Cavin decides to put his criminal life behind him but finds it very difficult. Meanwhile, Ben longs for more of Cavin.

I enjoyed this one quite a bit, and it had the right amount of steam for me! It was sensual, steamy and heartfelt. I connected with Ben and Cavin, and was so happy they found each other. Two very likable and deserving guys. Cavin and Ben come from two very different worlds, but together they were very much alike in their desires.

My only quiver comes toward the end, it was a bit of stretch for me, but since this wasn't an m/f historical romance one couldn't expect these two to end with a similar type ending. Still, I enjoyed it and I now see why so many m/m fans LOVE Ava March's books. The lady can write romance! (view spoiler)

8 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Thief.

message 1: by Buggy (new)

Buggy Great review KarLyn, this sounds really good to me. I guess there really can't be a traditional HEA in historical M/M's can there I never thought about that before :(

♡Karlyn P♡ ThanksBuggy, this one did make me think. HEA's for m/m in historicals will never include public acknowledgement and acceptance, sad but accurate.