July's Reviews > Why Men Love Bitches: From Doormat to Dreamgirl - A Woman's Guide to Holding Her Own in a Relationship

Why Men Love Bitches by Sherry Argov

Apr 17, 12

bookshelves: 2012, ebook, nonfiction
Read from April 15 to 16, 2012

Why Men Love Bitches is a great self-help book for women who end up putting too much of themselves into a relationship either habitually or particular to one relationship. If you do not have problems with giving too much of yourself to a relationship, then don't even bother to read this book. It's not intended for you.

Me? I do have the tendency to give my all (too much) so this book was very helpful for me. Does it say stuff that I already know? Of course. Any good self-help book is stating common sense/the obvious, but the really excellent ones say it in a way that motivates you to make real change. This book did that. It's funny and down-to-earth and doesn't pull any punches. I found myself making tons of highlights.

Is this book reductionist about female and male behavior and gender roles? Yes. That's why I rated it 4 stars instead of 5. That being said, being overly-simplistic about how men and women are does not detract from the overall message of the book, which is that a woman should keep her center and some healthy boundaries at all times. Respect yourself and your lovers will respect you. Short, simple and absolutely necessary for some women to hear.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Why Men Love Bitches.