Amy "the book-bat"'s Reviews > Flat Belly Diet! Cookbook: 200 New MUFA Recipes

Flat Belly Diet! Cookbook by Liz Vaccariello

Apr 16, 12

bookshelves: cooking
Read on April 16, 2012

This cookbook focuses on MUFAs (Mono Unsaturated Fatty Acids)and how they help reduce dangerous belly fat. There is a 4-day jump start for the diet, that seemed like it cut out a lot of foods that would be seemingly good for you and has you drink something called sassy water before each meal. The sassy water is regular water that contains ginger, lemon, cucumber, and mint. I did not see an explanation as to why you would put all that stuff in your water. I also didn't see an explanation for drinking a full glass at every meal, but have the idea of a glass of water before eating mentioned before in other resources. (Drink a glass of water before a meal 1) to reduce the amount you eat because the water helps to fill you up, 2) thirst sometimes feels like hunger, so a glass of water may take care of the hunger issue, and 3) the water helps you stay hydrated). Anyway, as someone who hates flavored water, I just can't see myself drinking a glass of water with all that crap in it. Just give me plain old boring water. Other than that, a lot of the recipes sound pretty good and I understand the concept of 4 meals of 400 calories throughout the day (every 4 hours-ish) and the idea of having a MUFA at every meal. I was a little surprised at where some of the MUFAs come from (chocolate & peanut butter! YUM!) and at some of the combinations (avocado in a mango smoothie?) but I think overall, it just might be a doable diet (if I can get past the water thing).

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Flat Belly Diet! Cookbook.