Angela James's Reviews > A Rogue by Any Other Name

A Rogue by Any Other Name by Sarah MacLean

Apr 16, 12

bookshelves: historical, 2012
Read on April 16, 2012

It took me awhile to read this book because Jane Litte didn't like it and, well, she's in my trust network and sometimes I have to work up to books she didn't like, especially when it's an author she and I have both previously enjoyed. But I'm glad I did read this one because I thought it was a fun, quick afternoon read.

What didn't work for Jane was the asshole-ish behavior of the hero, and I agree, he was quite an asshole. But I also thought the heroine was absolutely delightful and I really liked how the author grew her character and gave her even MORE backbone during the book. I think the hero continuously underestimated her, and she continually rose to the occasion and then overcame it. I appreciated that she actually said no to him on several occasions and didn't just fold when he acted sweet and wonderful to her. She made him work for it.

The ending worked for me. I thought the author redeemed him, but not to the point where it was a complete 180 and I couldn't believe it. Just to the point that it was clear he really loved her and he valued her above anything else in his life. And I guess that's all that mattered to me.

Also, I loved the epilogue and I can't wait for the next book, where Pen's sister Pippa is the heroine.
6 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Rogue by Any Other Name.