Josh Mendiola's Reviews > The 6th Target

The 6th Target by James Patterson

M 50x66
Apr 16, 12

did not like it

I have read most of the books by James Patterson and had a great intrest in his series. I figured this book was going to be full of mystery and supspense. Well, all I can say is that it was a struggle to get through this novel and I was very disappointed in James Patterson because this book did not keep me on the edge of my seat wanting to know what happens next. There were to many things going on at once which made it difficult to stay intrested in this book.

The plot was all over the place. There were three different incidents, one was the shooting in a ferry, the other involved the kidnapping of wealthy children and then there was illegal activity in an apartment building. Three different plots and not one of them managed to make an impact. In fact the only impact they managed to make was adding more complexity, confusion,and loss of intrest.

Overall this was an okay book. The downside to it was that the main crime they talk about on the cover was really only one of the three crimes in the book. There were too many things going on in this book actually to give any one of the crimes the attention they needed. The other books all focused on one thing. Having three events going on in the book was just too much and no details could be given to them to build the story to where it really needed to be. When all three events finally ended I was left wondering how they connected the dots and got to where they ended up. I didn't really understand. Then on top of the three crimes there were two personal events going on that just added to the confusion. This book could have been way better if it was focused on one of the crimes. Maybe six books is too much for a series. Patterson definitely didn't do a good job and he probably was out of ideas after writing six books. I would not recommend this book unless you would like to get lost between 3 different plots.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The 6th Target.