Jen*The Geeky Book Gal*'s Reviews > A Beautiful Evil

A Beautiful Evil by Kelly Keaton

May 18, 12

bookshelves: gods-monsters
Read from May 16 to 18, 2012

This book picks right up where Darkness Becomes Her ends. Ari is training with Bran at the Presby school to be able to tap into her dormant Medusa powers so that she can go search out Athena and rescue her friend Violet.

I liked that we got to know some of the characters from the first book better such as Henri and Sebastian, as well as fleshing out Athena's mad schemes for power, but I felt other characters like Violet who seem so interesting get basically left out.

Without giving away any plot details, I also felt that Sebasian's response to what Ari did to him was unconvincing and not true to what someone would have really felt had they been in that situation. There would have been more conflict and arguments I'm sure for something so life changing.

I did feel as though the story dragged in places, but overall, there was more of what I enjoyed in the first book-lots of butt kicking by Ari and her friends. I will read the next novel just to see what revenge Athena has in store and whether Ari will learn how to control her powers by the time she turns 21 or if she'll turn full blown Gorgon.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Beautiful Evil.