Ezmirelda's Reviews > Fifty Shades of Grey

Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. James

THERE ARE SPOILERS FROM THIS BOOK AND QUOTES FROM THE OTHER TWO IN THE SERIES. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

First off read the third half of this review. It's literally the best review out there written on this book so I highly reccommend it.

Or this review.

- - - - - - - - - -

I saw Fifty Shades of Grey mentioned on morning talk shows, on the radio, and all over the internet. Basically, everywhere you went someone was whispering about it. Later that same week I came across an article and learned that it surpassed both Harry Potter and Twilight both in paperback sales.

YES, you heard that right. Fifty Shades SURPASSED Harry Potter Sales. Harry Potter creator JK Rowling is an established author who sells books like crazy worldwide. And her widely successful and best-selling book got trumped by FSOG. Now this HAS to be good. Curious to see what the hubbub was all about I got the book.

You know what they say…curiosity killed the cat.

Some people are saying Fifty Shades is pretty good for a self-published novel. No! Absolutely not. This is a horribly written book self-published or not. In fact, comparing this to the standards of ALL self-published novels is an insult to indie publishing. Please people–do NOT go there. It's downright degrading. -_-

There were many reasons why I didn't like this book, found it annoying and completely undeserving of all the hype:

1) This novel is set America, and yet all the characters talk like they are English. "We shall" do this and "they shall" do that. There are a ton of Briticisms scattered throughout the book and I had no clue to what many of them meant. Seriously? If it's set in America, and the characters are Americans, take the effort to actually make them sound American. Otherwise it takes a huge chunk of the believability out of the text.

2) The main character—Ana—described as smart and scholarly is about as smart as a stick. Yes, a stick. She has got to be the most brainless idiot I've ever had the misfortune to read about. For a person who's in her twenties her dialogue is that of a pre-teen. I found myself rolling my eyes every page. At least display some characteristics that "smart" and "scholarly" people have if you're going to describe a character that way.

3) Grey constantly abuses Anna throughout the novel. I know what you're thinking, it's BDSM not abuse. Yeah, I completely get that. In fact, if it was and actually had a plot to match I might have actually enjoyed this one. Unfortunately, it is anything but. Ana is scared. Ana says "don't hurt me". Which means stop. Which means she is SETTING LIMITS. And Chris is not abiding to which equals to abuse. And that is when I set the book down, and lost all respect for it.

Ana is afraid that if she doesn't let Chris hurt her that he was going to leave her. Throughout the series she's always made it clear that she did not like getting "punished". Chris needs to learn when NO means NO . The whole point of their type of relationship is feeling safe, one playing the dominant role and the other playing the sub. If your partner’s limits are ignored in this type of a relationship it goes against BDSM guidelines and completely falls into the abuse category. When Ana doesn't feel safe, I as a reader feel disgusted. There is nothing CUTE, HOT, or even remotely ROMANTIC about Abuse. And yes that includes mental abuse as well. See quoted material from Roxanne Grey below for details on the abuse aspect.

4) Grey is seriously (and I mean seriously messed up). I get that he was abused when he was young and that's the reason why he is the way he is. But SO what? Why should that EVER give him the benefit of the doubt for abusing Anna? It completely astounds me when people say, “Ohh that's fine. He was abused when he was younger. It’s not his fault the way he is. Therefore, Ana should put up with his beatings and stop complaining." Excuse me? That's like saying it was okay for Chris Brown to abuse Rihanna because his father did it to his mother when he was younger. Does Chris Brown’s childhood abuse make what he did to her okay? ABSOLUTELY NOT. That's the kind of mentality that allows abuse to continue.

Quote from the Roxanne Grey's review linked at the top:

As the story proceeds, Christian is jealous when Ana is merely in the presence of another man. He gets angry or pouts when she won’t pay enough attention to him. During a visit to his family’s home, Ana defies Christian in some obscure way so he drags Ana off to the boathouse to punish her. Her first instinct is to whisper, “Please don’t hit me.” This fear of being hit will come up more than once throughout the trilogy. He hires a security detail for her after one of his “crazy” (read: heartbroken) former submissives has a mental breakdown after her boyfriend dies, but mostly it’s an opportunity for him to control the boundaries of Ana’s world in every possible way. When Ana gets a job, Christian buys the company where she works to “protect” her. In the third book, on their honeymoon, Ana decides to sunbathe topless at a nude beach. Christian, of course, does not appreciate his woman revealing herself to the world. She’s not his submissive, but by God, she is his wife. He makes a scene. Later, they are making love in their hotel room and he leaves hickeys all over her breasts so she cannot wear a bikini top for the duration of their honeymoon. He literally marks his territory like a sixteen-year-old boy.

...After each instance of abusive, controlling behavior, Ana gets righteously indignant but never for long. Time and again, she chooses to sacrifice what she really wants for the opportunity to be loved by her half-assed Prince Charming. We’re supposed to believe Ana is independent because she “defies” Christian by having very reasonable expectations and boundaries. He willfully ignores these boundaries, though, and she allows him to. She forgives all his trespasses.

...When considering the overwhelming popularity of this trilogy, we cannot simply dismiss the flaws because the books are fun and the sex is hot. The damaging tone has too broad a reach. That tone reinforces pervasive cultural messages women are already swallowing about what they should tolerate in romantic relationships, about what they should tolerate to be loved by their Prince Charming

Overall, don't waste your time OR your money on this book. I'm sure that there are plenty of other erotica-type books that were written a heck of a lot better than this one, and a thousand times more deserving of all the attention its getting.

- - - - -
Some things I've seen that make me worried about this book, and it's impact on the way women think:

In FSOG Chris learns that Ana is a virgin and he's completely shocked by this. The he goes "We'll fix this right now." As if her virginity is a problematic silly thing that needed to be fixed immediately, and he proceeds to "fix" the problem.

Now this is a serious response written by a reader
"Side note: If more women lost their virginity that way I think the world would be a better place. And I know a lot of women nodding their head in agreement right now."

Not going to lie, I honestly wanted to cry after I read that. I was that sad that anyone could say something like that. *_*

My Response to this: NO ONE is nodding their head in agreement to this. NO ONE. First times should NEVER be like that. It's a shame that she feels as though every woman in the world's virginity should be "fixed" because it is problematic.

BUT THEN , there are some people who have restored my faith that there were a few readers of this book that actually GET it:

"I really hate how these awful relationships are being pushed to the forefront and romanticized in pop culture and literature. Women drool over these books, and take their Daughters to watch movies like twilight, but if their little girls actually came home with these kind of messed up, controlling, manipulative, jackass type men, they would be freaking the hell out! It's so pathetic."

I'm with you! *claps hands in applause*

---

Here's the link to the Ellen video in case you haven't already watched it...

AND this one too...

- - - - - -

Favorite Lines From Fifty Shades of Grey:
What was I thinking? Why did I let him do that to me? I wanted the dark, to explore how bad it could be – but it’s too dark for me. I cannot do this. Yet, this is what he does, this is how he gets his kicks.

CONGRATS ANA! That's the smartest thing you've had to say the whole entire novel. Too bad you don't do anything about it because:
I am going to lose him. He won’t want to be with me if I can’t give him this. Why, why, why have I fallen in love with Fifty Shades? Why? Why can’t I love José, or Paul Clayton, or someone like me?

Exactly what we're all thinking Ana. -__-

Read this article which details WHY Ana and Chris's relationship is an abusive one:

Read this article which talks about teens reading FSOG and how they're getting "relationship advice" from the novel that is possibly the worst book to learn about what a functional relationship should look like:

message 1: by Best (new) - added it

Best My thoughts exactly! I couldn't finish it. Too much ugh. Great review!

Ezmirelda Best wrote: "My thoughts exactly! I couldn't finish it. Too much ugh. Great review!"

Thanks. I went into this book not even being bothered at all by the fact that it's a Twilight fan fiction. I thought something surpassing HG can have depth and meaning to it, but this book made me throw up a little and that has nothing to do with its genre.

message 3: by Noémy (new)

Noémy I WAS thinking of picking up this book because I was curious to see what the hype was all about but I’m glad I decided agains it. I’m a 100% sure I would hate it !!!

message 4: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl Landmark I generally try not to let reviews influence whether or not I'll read a book, but this one really does not sound like something I would enjoy.

message 5: by Ezmirelda (last edited Apr 18, 2012 06:47AM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Ezmirelda This was originally a twilight fanfiction so I'm pretty sure you could find the original online. I think it's posted on one of the fanfiction sites by the author. The only difference is that all the names are replaced by Twilight names. Like, Anastasia is Bella and Christian is Edward. I got in the middle of the book and couldn't take it anymore. It's basically just Anna afraid of doing something wrong because if she gets on his nerves he'll beat her. And if she screams he'll just hurt her more. It's pretty graphic. I mean, I'd understand if it was consenting but it's not. I'm kind of sad that so many people like this book consider that romantic.

At the end of the review linked below (press view spoiler) it has an accurate scene by scene description of the whole entire book. If you want to know what happens but don't want to read the book I highly suggest it: http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/...

message 6: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl Landmark I totally agree, Ezmirelda. There is no excuse for abuse or bullying or intimidation. And, I absolutely hate it when someone tries to justify their horrific actions toward someone else by using the excuse of their own abusive experiences from the past.

It's very disturbing that this kind of storyline would be enjoyed by so many people.

message 7: by Ezmirelda (last edited Apr 18, 2012 11:32AM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Ezmirelda Yeah, I totally agree Cheryl. The excuses provide a reason for the person's actions but it shouldn't let them go guilt free from what they did. The article I read said he reason why this book got so popular is that more people are buying it because it is an ebook. Now they can read whatever privately in public places without having to be embarrassed about it.

On top of that the author is now a millionaire off of this book. I think she gets a little more money off of it than the average book published traditionally because she self-published it. It also has a seven-figure movie deal. I honestly don't think it's possible to turn this book into a movie. It was horrible enough on paper.

Jen | Before Midnight The fact that it started out as Twilight fanfiction (of which there isn't much that's actually good quality) was enough for me to NOT want to read this. Combine that with abuse (because that's what it is, and it disgusts me that the author tries to hide it behind the lable BDSM), and I don't even want to touch it. Then again, i'm tempted to read it so I can write my own review about how much it ISN'T BDSM.

message 9: by Ezmirelda (last edited Apr 18, 2012 11:25AM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Ezmirelda Jennifer wrote: "The fact that it started out as Twilight fanfiction (of which there isn't much that's actually good quality) was enough for me to NOT want to read this. Combine that with abuse (because that's what..."

You definetely should because this book as popular as it is will probably change how people view BDSM. From what I've read it's supposed to be something both sides consent to but in Shades of Grey it's used to control and instill fear in Ana. I guess I should've expected this book to be a flop since its not derived from any good literature. Twilight fan fiction should've been a warning sign on it's own...I have no clue what I was thinking picking up this book.

message 10: by Sue (new)

Sue thank you for this review, i definitelly wont read this book, i still cant understand why people like it so much.

message 11: by TL (new)

TL wow... thanks for the input, gonna take this off my wishlist now

great review hun *hugs*

this was seriously a twilight fanfic first?

Ezmirelda Terri wrote: "wow... thanks for the input, gonna take this off my wishlist now

great review hun *hugs*

this was seriously a twilight fanfic first?"

Hey Terri! :)

Yeah, but honestly if the author wanted to she could have easily changed a few things like the whole "buy me a car" episode + a few stolen phrases and you wouldn't be able to tell it's a Twilight fan fic. It could have stood on its own easily but E.L James uses the Twilight name to boost her popularity. I think it's because she uses the Twilight platform why this book got so popular. The consumers are expecting Twilight 2.0 with more adult themes rather than the orginal Twilight which is targeted toward teens. :/

Ezmirelda Zuzana wrote: "thank you for this review, i definitelly wont read this book, i still cant understand why people like it so much."

I have no clue why they like it either. I think it's the hype + the twilight name that are drawing people to this book.

message 14: by TL (new)

TL so many people want to be "the next" harry potter, twilight, or percy jackson type series...

message 15: by TL (new)

TL how do you do the "not interested" status?

Ezmirelda Terri wrote: "how do you do the "not interested" status?"

Are you talking about the labels? Or the part where it says "reccomended for"?

message 17: by Ezmirelda (last edited May 12, 2012 01:30PM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Ezmirelda Just updated the review with some quotes from an article posted by one of my favorite journalists. I guess it shouldn't surprise me that we both had the same thoughts about this book. Appealing, yeah, but we can't completely ignore the damaging parts of it, especially when so many people reading are thinking that this was a great example of a BDSM relationship when it isn't.

message 18: by TL (new)

TL The second one, I think

Ezmirelda Terri wrote: "The second one, I think"

Umm, try going to "edit review" then scroll down a bit and you'll see that it says "I would reccomend it to" and that's where it's located. Hope that helps! :)

Disincentive/Feta I heard so many good things about this one but your review seems to be the best. Yup, I won't waste my time.

message 21: by Anita (last edited May 12, 2012 02:44PM) (new) - added it

Anita I refuse to read it! I literally just bought books 1 and 2 of this series for a friend for his birthday, and he loves them - he keeps sending me snippets of what's going on and it's ridiculous! Annoys me to high hell that I had to spend £7.00 on them!

message 22: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer I'm so glad someone finally shares my opinion on this book! I refuse to read it because I've heard about all of the abuse throughout the book and I don't understand how people consider that "romantic".

VampireNovelFan I finished it the other day myself. I just don't get it. I really don't get it. It's beyond horrible and if Grey weren't "hot" these books would be nowhere because the masses would see him for the sick freak he really is. I'm a sucker for hot grey characters like Jericho Barrons and Trent Kalamack, but Christian Grey is repulsive and I'm insulted that this is what's considered an ideal man. Maybe my neurons are fucked up since my instincts scream "this is somebody you should run away from", but I doubt it. A person like that in real life would probably kill you and yet he's supposedly the new symbol of the ideal man? I just can't wrap my brain around it. And it angers me.

message 24: by Ezmirelda (last edited May 16, 2012 09:24PM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Ezmirelda VampireNovelFan wrote: "I finished it the other day myself. I just don't get it. I really don't get it. It's beyond horrible and if Grey weren't "hot" these books would be nowhere because the masses would see him for the ..."

Quote from Fifty Shades of Crap Grey:

"How’s my daughter?"
"She’s dancing." I laugh.
"Dancing? Oh yes! Wow. I can feel her." He grins as Blip Two somersaults inside me.
"I think she likes sex already."

I'm cringing right now. What kind of parents say this about their newborn baby? This is disgusting.

"A person like that in real life would probably kill you and yet he's supposedly the new symbol of the ideal man?"

Exactly. I'm really peeved about the fact that he is considered the "ideal man" as well when he is anything but. Scary really. Some say he "changes" throughout the series. But as the review I linked to says, his controlling and abusive ways do not. :/

message 25: by VampireNovelFan (last edited May 16, 2012 09:36PM) (new) - rated it 1 star

VampireNovelFan The point is that any person with actual sense of self preservation would have run for the hills before he could "evolve". Or maybe he could evolve without screwing and beating on her in the process, potentially screwing up her psyche as much as his.

Ezmirelda VampireNovelFan wrote: "The point is that any person with actual sense of self preservation would have run for the hills before he could "evolve". Or maybe he could evolve without screwing and beating on her in the proces..."

True. Part of the reason people like Ana is because she's "strong" enough to stay by Chris even though he's an abusive idiot. But really she is just the only person who would put up with him for that long. I don't see putting up with abuse and hoping for a change that'll never happen as "strong".

message 27: by Ezmirelda (last edited May 16, 2012 10:35PM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Read the very last portion of this review. This is what I mean about the negative impact of this book on our society. It's downright sad. :(

message 28: by VampireNovelFan (last edited May 17, 2012 12:12AM) (new) - rated it 1 star

VampireNovelFan Yeah. It's a damn shame. And Ana isn't strong. She's stupid and just got lucky that James didn't decide to write him the way he would be realistically. She stuck around...for like a week. Give her a medal, folks!

Ana can take herself and her irritatingly lame ass "inner goddess" and jump off a cliff. She fucking sucks.

message 29: by Wolfswan (new)

Wolfswan Thanks for the warning, I agree with you on all. I will most certainly NOT be reading this book as I cannot stand weak female leads and I HATE abuse in any form in romance novels.

Anushka I KNOW RIGHT? The book was (is) absolutely ridiculous. What was astonishing for me was that the woman, Ana, LETS him abuse her. It's just sick. And isn't Grey spelled gr-A-y in America?

message 31: by VampireNovelFan (last edited May 18, 2012 08:39AM) (new) - rated it 1 star

VampireNovelFan Yeah, but the author is from the UK and they spell it differently there. Personally I spell it either way, but that's not the only colloquialism she fails at implementing correctly for American characters.

Though isn't one of his parents British or something? If the dad is British then she gets a pass there. But I forget if he uses his adopted name or original name.

Misfit VampireNovelFan wrote: "Yeah, but the author is from the UK and they spell it differently there. Personally I spell it either way, but that's not the only colloquialism she fails at implementing correctly for American cha..."

I read enough books from UK authors that I rarely notice the spelling differences. That said, one of my friends mentioned that they always call I5 (interstate 5) the I5. As a lifelong resident of Seattle I can promise you no one, but no one calls it the I5. It appears this is coming out on CD and library has copies on order. I just might take a look see, but I doubt I'll get far.

VampireNovelFan Here on the east coast we have Intersates 95 and we don't call it "the I-95". It's just "I-95" or "95."

message 34: by Misfit (last edited May 18, 2012 09:04AM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Misfit Same here. Gah, if an author isn't going to bother to learn his/her place or period, just set it in something you know. Another friend who read some of it (DNF) is a pilot. She noted that Grey didn't seem to know the basics of flying...

ETA: There is a hilarious video of some comiedian doing a reading. Hilarious. I can't get on FB or Youtbue at work to find it and don't recall the comedian's name. See if you can find Emery Lee's Romantic Historical Fiction Lovers group on FB and she's posted it there.

VampireNovelFan That was the least of this book's problems, but considering how much of a terrible writer she is, I'm not surprised. I skimmed the second one just to see how she rationlizes going back to this douche and she says her "inner goddess is doing a triple axel off the uneven bars." I seriously wanted to shoot myself. A "triple axel" is a FIGURE SKATING jump and the uneven bars is an apparatus used in GYMNASTICS!! I've done both so I know.

And I'll check into that other stuff when I get home. Sounds hysterical though.

message 36: by Isis (new)

Isis Thank you so much for your review, Ezmirelda. I whole-heartedly agree about these books. I'm just turned 24 and I'm appalled by the unhealthy and abusive relationship the series glamourises and shocked that some readers' responses have been, well, as you mentioned, treating it as if it's not only okay but something that every woman should desire.

Ezmirelda Misfit wrote: "Same here. Gah, if an author isn't going to bother to learn his/her place or period, just set it in something you know. Another friend who read some of it (DNF) is a pilot. She noted that Grey didn..."

Her name is Ellen Degeneres. Here's the link to the video. It's hilarious!:)

message 38: by Ezmirelda (last edited May 18, 2012 12:27PM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Ezmirelda Isis wrote: "Thank you so much for your review, Ezmirelda. I whole-heartedly agree about these books. I'm just turned 24 and I'm appalled by the unhealthy and abusive relationship the series glamourises and sho..."

What's sad is that it's gotten to the point where people are making up stuff about the book to make it seem like Chris wasn't abusive. One person said that in the scene when Ana says "please don't hurt me" that Chris stopped. But I went to the same exact scene (there's multiple ones throughout the series actually) and not once does he stop when she tells him to stop. In fact it makes him even agrier and rougher than he was before as punishment.

But then they go on to say "well that's because Chris loves her so much, and Ana is so strong." That statement in itself has so many problems with it that there's not even a point in me saying anything about it. Apparently to them Love + being strong = Putting up with your partner's abuse.

Misfit Ezmirelda, it isn't the Degeners video it's another one. I'll hunt it down when I get home.

Victoria Limbert I havent read any of these yet and wow! the response to it is crazy....its strange that this afternoon i was reading a similar thread about the real twilight books being dominating and controlling, but this is more intense. Half of me wants to read it and see what this is all about, the other half is a little worried that its going to be rapey and wierd....

going to have to think hard before picking this up. My own style of writing is kind of dark, controlling and bad but then I am not writing romances... (supposed romances) or trying to cover up the truth in them....

well, will have to see how I feel :/

Victoria Limbert Ezmirelda wrote: "Misfit wrote: "Same here. Gah, if an author isn't going to bother to learn his/her place or period, just set it in something you know. Another friend who read some of it (DNF) is a pilot. She noted..."

that was HILARIOUS

message 42: by VampireNovelFan (last edited May 18, 2012 12:41PM) (new) - rated it 1 star

VampireNovelFan I was mad about these books before I read them. But after reading them I'm even more upset and I think I'm getting more upset by the day about it as it really sinks in that this type of person is supposed to be desirable just because he's hot and rich and tortured and kinky in the bedroom, even without your compliance. I don't know if you're familiar with Christian Bale in American Psycho, but this is what I compare Christian Grey to now:

message 43: by Ezmirelda (last edited May 18, 2012 01:40PM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Ezmirelda VampireNovelFan wrote: "I was mad about these books before I read them. But after reading them I'm even more upset and I think I'm getting more upset by the day about it as it really sinks in that this type of person is ..."

Thos pictures remind me SO much of Christian it isn't even funny. I actually wouldn't be surprsied that the gif was an actual scene in the book.

Remember the scene where she says she's on her period and then he tears out the tampon and does it anyways? Yup, I can definetely see that as a scene in the book. :/ He's really just THAT twisted. The tampon is there for a reason.

Ezmirelda Misfit wrote: "Here it is, http://www.collegehumor.com/embed/677..."

Hahaha! His voice! That is funny.

message 46: by Isis (last edited May 19, 2012 04:26AM) (new)

Isis Ezmirelda - I can't quite believe it myself, that people think that's okay. What?!?! No! No no no no no - NO! That is not okay. Fifty has been described as "mommy porn", right? So I'm guessing it's main demographic are women, shall we say, a bit older than myself, possibly married, possibly with children, possibly described as "home-makers". My question is this - shouldn't these women of a certain age know better?! Especially if they are in a good marriage and understand what a healthy relationship is, or if they've got impressionable daughters of a certain age?! I've read all the media stuff about these "mommies" claiming that Fifty is so hot and saved their marriage. What on earth was their marriage like before if they think Fifty is hot and claim it saved their marriage?! Are these women for real? Weirdly, I find the sex scenes to be dull, unrealistic, and tame - it's the relationship that's the abusive part (e.g. the famous tampon scene... the sex is fairly boring, but the shocking part is that the man would so blatantly violate the woman's personal boundaries like that, without permission, warning, or anything) - so it's both at once very much not hot and disturbingly abusive, to me.

VampireNovelFan - I know what you mean, but to be honest what worries me more is that, directly related to the boundary-violation thing in Fifty that I just mentioned, this is playing out in real life. People think its okay to treat a woman a certain way. Just the other day I stumbled across a survey that reported that 80% of women having sex on the first date said that the man had... well I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post it here, so pm me if you really want to know specifically what it was - but it was an act of boundary-violation WITHOUT asking the woman for permission or giving warning. And you hear all this stuff about the porn industry and how what was "hardcore" twenty years ago is now mainstream and there's more and more pressure for increasingly extreme, degrading, non-consensual material.

Misfit - Thank you so so much for that link. Now that is the way that Fifty is meant to be read. That is the best thing I've seen all week.

message 47: by Lizzy (new) - rated it 1 star

Lizzy *nods* My thoughts exactly of this review. Seems like my faith in women can be saved. If only more people said that. I borrowed it from a friend and I finished it this morning. And I said in my review: I can't believe a woman has written this book.

message 48: by Ezmirelda (last edited May 20, 2012 01:56PM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Ezmirelda "I can't believe a woman has written this book."

I honestly can't believe it either. I also can't believe how people think this book is feminist and actually helps women. Like the reader I quoted from above she believes that the world would be a better place if their were more relationships like Chris's and Ana's. -__-

message 49: by Lizzy (new) - rated it 1 star

Lizzy Ezmirelda wrote: "I honestly can't believe it either. I also can't believe how people think this book is feminist and actually helps women. Like the reader I quoted ..."

Yeah, what a great world would be... for men that is.
Really? People think this book is feminist? Hn... interesting. I should check again in the dictionary the meaning of feminist, maybe it's changed.

And I also agree with the last comment of Isis.

Ezmirelda Izzy wrote: "Ezmirelda wrote: "I honestly can't believe it either. I also can't believe how people think this book is feminist and actually helps women. Like the reader I quoted ..."

Yeah, what a great world w..."

Yeah, everyone who loves this book talks about how feminist it is. It's being marketed as a book for women emporwerment.

« previous 1