Bodea's Reviews > Blood Crave

Blood Crave by Jennifer Knight

May 15, 12

bookshelves: arcs, netgalley
Read from May 05 to 12, 2012

I'm more than a little bit in love with this series and Jennifer Knight is proving herself to be a talented writer. I love my werewolves and this series deals with the whole vampire and werewolf trope really well. I enjoyed Blood on the Moon a lot and was extremely excited about the sequel. I'm glad to say I wasn't disappointed.

The first novel left off on an exciting note and Blood Crave does a great job of amping up the action and suspense. I thought the plot was well paced with a good mix of romance, mystery,and suspense. Though I thought the story was a little long, it held my attention the entire way through. The writing was also consistently good. My only complaint with the plot is that (view spoiler). Still, I enjoyed myself and the way it came about was exciting. Once again, I think the story ends with a great cliffhanger!

As far as the characters go, I was a bit annoyed with Faith this time around, particularly in how she handled her guilt about Derek. I felt she could have been a little less "me" about it. Sometimes it was like she was only trying so hard because of guilt and not completely out of friendship. I didn't like that. Lucas also tried my patience a little as well with his jealousy and some of his choices in terms of Faith and his werewolf duties. I thought Derek, who was my least favorite character in the first book, was really enjoyable here. Out of everyone, I felt for him the most and wanted things to work out well. I also felt like he was the most honest and staight forward out of all of the characters. The side characters were interesting as well, specifically Katie. I'm eager to see what happens with her.

In terms of romance, I think the author has done a great job of drawing attention to issues that are important for Lucas and Faith, and creates realistic tension and drama. They've got a lot of things they need to come to terms with. I'm anxious to see how it all works out. It's nice to see a female in a paranormal romance that's not so eager to become some other than human.

All in all, I enjoyed Blood Crave a lot. I would definitely recommend this to those who are into werewolves and vampires and want to curl up to a well written YA novel. I can't wait for the next one!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blood Crave.

05/07/2012 page 30
05/10/2012 page 220
43.0% "Lol Faith. The boys gotta eat. What'd you expect?"
05/11/2012 page 400
78.0% "Ugh, now you're kinda bothering me girl."
show 2 hidden updates…