Robert's Reviews > Broken Harbor

Broken Harbor by Tana French

Jun 25, 12

bookshelves: first-reads
Read from June 03 to 25, 2012 — I own a copy

IN THE WOODS proved a tough read for me, but now that I’ve finished, and enjoyed, BROKEN HARBOR I’ll add the novel that started it all back into my to-read pile. True to form, the fourth novel in the series has a different spin than other mysteries I’ve read, with a flawed main character who views the world in black and white. Not your typical whodunit, this novel focuses more on why, and why certainly keeps you reading until the end.

The dialogue proves strong and compelling, sense of place plays at the heart of this tale, and the characters practically popped from the page. It’s a heavier read than I was looking for at the time I started this tale, which is why it took me longer to finish, but that’s not the author’s fault, I’ll take the full brunt of the blame for that one.

What kept me reading, more than anything else, was Mick Kennedy. He brings justice to an unjust world, and he doesn’t stop until he has all the answers. He has baggage, and plenty of it, but that doesn’t stop him from having the highest solve rate on the force. If you like darker mysteries with a psychological thriller angle, then you’ll want to race to the bookstores on July 24th, or you might want to go ahead and pre-order your copy from your favorite bookstore.

I received this book for free through Goodreads First Reads.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Broken Harbor.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Cathy Oooh - I didn't know she'd written a fourth book! I've enjoyed the other three.

Robert She did. Broken Harbor releases on July 24th. When I've finished it, I'll post my review, in case you're curious.

Cathy I'll look forward to that!

Robert Cathy, for what it's worth, my review has been posted. Hope you enjoy!

Cathy Sounds good - thanks for the review!!