Blacky *Romance Addict*'s Reviews > Until the Sun Falls from the Sky

Until the Sun Falls from the Sky by Kristen Ashley

Oh my oh my oh my!

5+++ stars for this one!

KA has shown the ability to create a world for every genre, and this one was so great, I want more, NOW!! The book had me hooked, I couldn't put it down for a minute :) This is a different vampire world, a bit altered from all the others we see in movies and novels, but I liked it, the explanations came gradually through the book, it was not dumped in one chapter and it was not overwhelming at any point.

For one, I liked the fact that they are real vampires, that feed on human blood (not animals - yuck, and not bottles - which don't make sense). The good part is that they are almost like humans, they can eat and be on the sunlight and there was not a mention of crosses or holy water in the whole novel, and I loved that! I recently read a vampire novel where he had to throw up everything he ate, seriously gross loool

Second, Lucien was not a brooding hero. Well thank fuck for that. I'm really sick of every vampire hero who spends his time feeling sorry for himself, disowning his vampire nature and in conflict because he has to turn the love of his life into a vampire. This does not happen here. Lucien is completely at ease with himself and with what he is. He's a classic KA uber-alpha badass, maybe even more than others. He was freaking great! I loved him even when he was reeealy bad to Leah, because it hurt him to see her broken later, and I was all mushy when he was all good and sweet <3 Man was he great!

Leah :) Well, for one, FINALLY, I didn't get that sicko feeling when a 100+ year old vampire falls in love with a schoolgirl of 16. That always has me screaming in my head "helloooo sick bastard she's just a child!".
Leah is 40 :) and mature, and has actually lived some life before she was "claimed" by Lucien. She's awsome, I loved her, mostly because she had sass, so even though Lucien was feared even by vampires, not only humans, she stood up to him and their fights were great, even though he behaved like a jerk XD

All and all this was a fantastic read, I loved the new world KA invented, the characters were strong and believable, the story was great even though it was left open for the sequel *squeal* I want to read it right now! And I don't know if any of you noticed, but I guess KA has a liking for Underworld XD First Lucien in this one, then Sonia with the werewolf (just like in the movie) lol I wonder who will be in the third book XD
27 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Until the Sun Falls from the Sky.

Quotes Blacky *Romance Addict* Liked

Mine, he declared.
Never, she returned.
His mouth moved to her ear and he murmured, “We’ll see.”

Kristen Ashley
“There is much still to talk about,” Gregor cut in and Lucien’s eyes went to him.
“We’ll arrange another meeting. Two weeks,” he stated.
Gregor’s eyebrows shot up. “Two weeks?”
“Gregor, I’m about to walk out of this office, go home and ask the woman I love to spend eternity with me. Yes, fucking two weeks and consider yourself lucky I’m not going to arrange a fucking meeting until after two months.”

Kristen Ashley
“In fact, when he wasn’t being a jerk, controlling or a pain in the ass, he looked at me…
He looked at me…
Oh hell, he looked at me like I was his life.”

06/29/2012
1.0% "Well I heard nothing but good stuff about this one <3 Vampire KA, here I come!" 1 comment
06/29/2012
15.0% "What is in that damn contract?!?! I want to know, NOW! Damn this is sooo interesting! And I LOVE that there are chapters written from Luciens point of view <3"
06/29/2012
50.0% "OMG this is fantastic, I can't stop reading!! I love and hate Lucien! This is just too good :OOO"
06/29/2012
100.0% "Amazing!! I'm on vampire high right now, I need a fix, and KA doesn't have anymore vampire novels :((((("

message 1: by AJ (new) - rated it 5 stars

AJ Great review Blacky! I absolutely agree with everything you said. Could not gush enough about this book!! YAY!

Rain ~miss kinky knickers~ This sounds like something I'd love! :)
Wonderful review, Blacky!

Blacky *Romance Addict* :) Well let's just say I wasn't in the vampire wibe when I started reading, but by the end I was like - give me 10 more books of this, I won't complain XD

message 4: by AJ (new) - rated it 5 stars

AJ Have you read the Black Dagger Brotherhood books Blacky? They're great as well, and have a bit of a similar sort of feel to them.

Blacky *Romance Addict* Lol I'm needing my vampire fix so I was thinking starting one tomorrow, but dunno if I should start with BDB or Immortals after dark, I have both and I heard both are great, but dunno which one I should choose :S

message 6: by Aestas Book Blog (last edited Jun 29, 2012 05:49PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Aestas Book Blog I strongly prefer Black Dagger Brotherhood over Immortals After Dark. If I had to rate each series as a whole, I'd give BDB between 5-6 stars and give IAD 4 stars. I dunno... IAD had some good installments but overall just lacked something... I don't know how to explain but I did not connect with the characters or the story nearly as strongly as BDB. Unfortunately it was in my pre-reviewing days so I never sat down and described it. I mean, they are both good, but BDB is a muuuch stronger series!! It has my vote :)

Blacky *Romance Addict* Hm thanks, I guess I'll go with that one :) I had BDB for a long time, but couldn't get myself to read it, I wasn't in the paranormal mood, now I guess I am lol finally :)

Aestas Book Blog Sweet :) I hope you love them! Wrath from book 1 is one of my all time fav vamps :)

Blacky *Romance Addict* *squeal* heheh can't wait :)

message 10: by AJ (last edited Jun 29, 2012 06:07PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

AJ Once I started on PNR, I was sucked completely in!! Love, love, love it! And I hope you love the Brothers, they are AMAZING!!! Then we can sit and argue over which is our favourite!!! ;)

message 11: by Aestas Book Blog (last edited Jun 29, 2012 06:07PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Aestas Book Blog Lol! They are on the list of books I wish I could wipe from my mind so I could experience them again for the first time :)

Blacky *Romance Addict* That good? Hell now I really can't wait!

Aestas Book Blog Yup. That good :))

message 14: by AJ (new) - rated it 5 stars

AJ Agreed :D

Blacky *Romance Addict* :) Well then Wrath here I come heheh Tomorrow heheheheheh

Michelle [Helen Geek] Loved your review. You are def in the minority. I bumped this to next. I want to give it a go!!

Blacky *Romance Addict* :) I hope you'll like it :) I was actually putting this one off for a long time, dunno why but I didn't want to read it, then I saw the great reviews and thought, what the hell, it can't be that bad. Lol it was awsome! Now I'm sorry I haven't read it sooner

Lady Heather Great Review Blacky!

Shawna Great review, Blacky! I've got this one on my Kindle and have been waiting for when I've got a strong KA craving to read it. I think that might be soon! :)

message 21: by Tina (new) - rated it 3 stars

Tina I have been holding off on this one and the reincarnation/ghosts one because I don't prefere to read those kind of stories. Your review makes me think I will like this one better than the ghost ones. Out to buy a new KA. So hope Games of Heart comes to B&N soon so I can read that!

Blacky *Romance Addict* Yeah, I read the first ghost story and it was ok, but this was fabulous! I was putting it off for a long time, now I'm sorry for it.

Blacky *Romance Addict* This is quite different from her normal work, it was kinda weird for me in the beginning, once I figured everything out. But it was great asa whole, I loved it :) The H is s jerk most of the time, but he makes up for it :) The h is great too, she has character and fights him all the time XD It ll depends if you like paranormal or not, and if you're willing to step out of the box with the story