Carol Royce Owen's Reviews > Everybody Sees the Ants

Everybody Sees the Ants by A.S. King

Apr 16, 12

Read in April, 2012

If someone were to make this book available to anyone I thought needed to read it, I would give it to every parent and teacher, as well as students. It deals with the topic of bullying, and while Lucky was able to work through his problems pretty much on his own, too many kids are out there and they can't. They are the ones who get to that point of desperation that Lucky gets to and almost acts on, and too often later the parents/teachers, etc., would say, "Oh, we'd never expected that of him/her."
Unfortunately, schools are full of Nader McMillans, and too often the bullying they do gets overlooked for whatever reason. Some teachers and parents don't act fast enough to end the problem before it escalates, sometimes because they don't know, but sometimes they do.
I've got to admit. Without giving anything away, I must say I expected this book to end very differently, but I'm glad it didn't. It certainly has given me a lot to think about.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Everybody Sees the Ants.