Jeff's Reviews > Thich Nhat Hanh: Essential Writings

501971
Apr 19, 12

bookshelves: 2012, lieberry_books, non-fiction
Read from April 15 to 19, 2012

Thich Nhat Hanh = a wise guy with a heart of gold(en sunlight). It would almost surely be a pleasure to be able to spend time with him. He has many intelligent and worthwhile things to say and says them frequently and often and repeatedly, typically with little or no variation in terminology. At least he embraces the only medium by which instruction, teaching, and dissemination of wisdom is possible, though, namely the sincere use of human language, which is something i believe cannot be said for many Buddhist teachers, especially the Buddha himself and much of the Zen i've ever read. (If you know of a straight-shooting book on Zen, please P.M. me. Remember, my happiness = the world's happiness [and vice versa, i guess].)
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Thich Nhat Hanh.

04/16/2012 page 53
33.0% "As with the D.L., Teachin Hat seems like a great dude but what he has to say hasn't cracked my shell. (It's REALLY baffling to me how not a single book i've read makes any attempt to tell readers how to pronounce this guy's name, so i like to think it's "teachinHat," like his Native American shamanic name.)"
04/17/2012 page 53
33.0% "Still on p53, but it occurred to me while waking up that if i wanted to be snide about this guy, i'd call him Teach(ing) Not or Teach(ing) Knot. I respect him, though, so let's stick with Teachin Hat."
04/18/2012 page 79
48.0% "A pretty good bit on interdependence."