Rebekka Steg's Reviews > Horrific Sufferings of the Mind-Reading Monster Hercules Barefoot: His Wonderful Love and His Terrible Hatred

Horrific Sufferings of the Mind-Reading Monster Hercules Bare... by Carl-Johan Vallgren

Apr 16, 12

bookshelves: 2008, fiction, history
Read in November, 2008

I loved the premise of The Horrific Sufferings of the Mind-Reading Monster Hercules Barefoot by Carl-Johan Vallgren.
I read the novel in a Danish translation of the Swedish original. The meaning of the Danish/Swedish title is quite different to the English. I read a book called The Story of the Wonderful Love, which gives very different expectations to the book!
The first third of the book was amazing and I absolutely adored it. However the second third absolutely tore everything apart and I started to despise the book instead and at one stage I was not even sure if I wanted to finish the book. The last third of the book was okay, but all over I did not really enjoy this book, and I honestly do not think I would recommend this book.
I really wanted to like this book, it is based on such a great idea and it definitely is interesting in parts, but unfortunately the author Carl-Johan Vallgren was not quite able to deliver.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Horrific Sufferings of the Mind-Reading Monster Hercules Barefoot.