Elena's Reviews > Same Kind of Different as Me

Same Kind of Different as Me by Ron Hall

Apr 17, 12

Read from April 16 to 17, 2012

A story that can't leave you unmoved - leaves you aching to make a step out of your comfort zones, and do something small yet courageous, that God will use for His greater purpose.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Same Kind of Different as Me.

Quotes Elena Liked

“I used to spend a lotta time worryin that I was different from other people, even from other homeless folks. Then, after I met Miss Debbie and Mr. Ron, I worried that I was so different from them that we wadn't ever gon' have no kind a' future. But I found out everybody's different - the same kind of different as me. We're all just regular folks walkin down the road God done set in front of us. The truth about it is, whether we is rich or poor or somethin in between, this earth ain't no final restin place. So in a way, we is all homeless - just workin our way toward home.”

Ron Hall
“But sometimes we has to be thankful for the things that hurt us,' I said, 'cause sometimes God does things that hurts us but they help somebody else.”
Ron Hall, Same Kind of Different as Me

“I found out everybody’s different – the same kind of different as me. We’re all just regular folks walkin down the road God done set in front of us. The truth about it is, whether we is rich or poor or something in between, this earth ain’t no final restin place. So in a way, we is all homeless – just workin our way toward home”

Ron Hall
“If Mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy.”
tags: mommy

Ron Hall
“Good medicine always tastes bad.”
Ron Hall, Same Kind of Different as Me

“The truth about it is, whether we is rich or poor or somethin in between, this earth ain't no final restin place. So in a way, we is all homeless--just working our way toward home.”