Gabby's Reviews > The Fault in Our Stars

The Fault in Our Stars by John Green

May 03, 14

bookshelves: e-books, young-adult, stand-alone, owned-it
Read from April 17 to 19, 2012

Originally posted on The YA Bookworm

OFFICIAL RATING 4.95/ 5 stars >:) TEHEE

my 4th John Green Novel, and I was *this* close to give this one a 5 star Rating. oh my.

this is really really different from the 3 previous books I have read from the same author, John Green. From the start of the novel there is a very evident change in John Green's writing style and that is using a teenage girl POV for narrating the whole story, you know John green, right? he writes story from a point of view of a guy. and giving out dirty jokes in the story here and there. But this one is entirely different. This story is about two cancer survivors, Hazel and Agustus. I for one think that John Green made a very bold choice of the main plot will be, cause for me Cancer is such a very hard topic to make out a story for, cause we all know that cancer has ruined many people's life we all know that a person who's been through it has really suffered greatly, and John Green just delivered these assumption flawlessly, in a way the book was written in a light fashion way but still has a hint of seriousness in it.

as I've said this is my 4th John Green novel, and this would have to be the first one that made me teary eyed. Not teary eyed because of the jokes and humor (cause John Green is really known to make books with jokes and humor) but because of how the story was narrated by a cancer survivor and how she deals with her life living everyday with uncertainty cause there is this fear that cancer will reoccur again and she'll have to fight for her life again. and the love story is really unique. OH , I mean imagine a loving someone knowing that you both are bound to not to be with each other for a long time. OH GOD! I can't imagine loving like that. John Green really showed how brave the Hazel and Agustus are. They fought cancer, they lived there life even though there is like a least chance of survival.

A lot of readers are saying that John Green keeps on making books of the same plot,genre,settings and dialogues, well looks like the ranting will have to stop cause Mr. Green just step out of his comfort zone and wrote a book that is completely not his signature style. and by that I am really pleased. I would have given this book 5 stars I am like a verge of giving this book a perfect rating, but the ending was not what I have expected, AHHH! it would have been great if the ending was different, but nevertheless i enjoyed every single page of this book, and I am now an official disciple of John Green, GOSH! this dude just rocks.
1 like · Likeflag

Quotes Gabby Liked

John Green
“Grief does not change you, Hazel. It reveals you.”
John Green, The Fault in Our Stars

John Green
“Oh, I wouldn't mind, Hazel Grace. It would be a privilege to have my heart broken by you.”
John Green, The Fault in Our Stars