Dee Marie's Reviews > Sons of Avalon: Merlin's Prophecy

Sons of Avalon by Dee Marie

Aug 27, 2008

(Review from the author)
bookshelves: arthurian-novel, fantasy, ya
Recommended for: Those who wish to fall in-love once more with the Arthurian Legends.
read count: 50+

It somehow feels iniquitous to post this review. Yet, as egotistical as it may seem, I loved reading the first book in my "Sons of Avalon" series, as much as I enjoyed writing it. In the novel's final draft alone, I read it from cover-to-cover over fifty times. I even went so far as to have Adobe Acrobat read the story to me in a variety of voices.

Logically, I kept waiting to get bored, to skip ahead, to be impatient with the plot or characters. Yet, it never ceased to surprise me how much I enjoyed the story...after all, I was merely the scribe, Merlin was the Bard.

I would find myself reading along and wondering what would happen next; even though I had written each chapter...it was the oddest sensation. Even now, after its publication, I still find myself pulled into the storyline. Obsessed or possessed, maybe both! I hope you enjoy Merlin's adventures, as much I enjoyed transcribing them from Merlin's memories.

Dee Marie

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sons of Avalon.

Quotes Dee Liked

Dee Marie
“Fighting in the name of freedom has too high a price," Merlin sighed as he leaned into his mother's arms.”

Dee Marie
“He had only heard of dragons, and although he had never seen one, he was sure they existed.”

Dee Marie
“Chase your dreams until you catch them...and then dream, catch, and dream again! ”
Dee Marie, Sons of Avalon: Merlin's Prophecy

Becky Ewing I enjoyed reading your book as well, but was distracted by the misspellings and other typos. I was surprised by how many there were. It took away from my enjoyment of the book to a degree.