Amy's Reviews > Heir to the Shadows

bookshelves: 12th-grade-quarter-3
Read in March, 2012

Heir to the Shadows
By: Anne Bishop

Only 17 years old and has to rule a whole country.... Ran out of books? Well, Heir to the Shadows might be a good choice if you like a bit of cursing and or a lot of journeys. This book was not so great for me.
Heir to the Shadows is about a young girl, having the ability of a witch to rule over a whole country. She was chosen to rule over the whole country. If I were Janelle, I'd do what she does too. She tries to make everyone equal and provide food for as many people. She also tries to heal as many injured people as she can. This book wasn't really good because it had too much cursing, and some parts were really confusing. I also didn't like this book a lot because some parts got boring, but some parts are really interesting. But I liked how the author, Anne Bishop created the character Janelle. She created her as a witch-child who was suppose to be terrifying. But instead, Anne created her as a helpful, calm child. Although sometimes Janelle can get really mad and express her anger by isolating herself, she mostly is calm.
I suggest you to NOT read this book unless you really have nothing else to read and the whole world ran out of books. This story may be a bit interesting, and boring, but it just gets annoying when sometimes you don't know what is happening. So I suggest you to look away from this right now and find another book review for a better book.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Heir to the Shadows.