Becky 's Reviews > The Mission of Motherhood: Touching Your Child's Heart for Eternity

The Mission of Motherhood by Sally Clarkson

Apr 16, 12

Read from April 15 to 16, 2012

This book is full of practical helps and wisdom for raising children. Very challenging, motivating and encouraging. Sally shares many personal stories from raising her 4 children that encouraged me to be purposeful and meaningful in everything that I do with my children.

Each chapter ends with thoughts and reflections where Sally shares more personal stories, practical challenges and scripture that speaks to the theme of the chapter.

Here are a few of many noteworthy quotes throughout the book:

"When God's commands are obeyed, people flourish because they are living in harmony with the way they are designed and the One who designed them."

"The common purpose for all women is to glorify God in whatever circumstances and boundaries of life we find ourselves, trusting him to show us how we can best use our gifts for him."

"The fundamental mission of motherhood now is the same as it always was: To nurture, protect, and instruct children, to create a home environment that enables them to learn and grow, to help them develop a heart for God
and his purposes, and to send them out into the world prepared to live both fully and meaningfully. It is up to us to embrace that mission as our own, trusting God to walk us through the details and to use our willing mothers' hands as instruments of his blessing."

"Training our children to think biblically about right and wrong often involves teaching the same principle over and over and over again, trusting that someday, in God's timing, they will get it."

"When I model patience in the midst of difficulty, joy in the midst of messes, contentment in the midst of lack, then I provide them a pattern for their own lives. They will learn that my joy is not circumstantial but real b/c I have an endless source of strength through the power of the Holy Spirit in my life."

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Mission of Motherhood.