Megan's Reviews > Pure

Pure by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Apr 17, 12

bookshelves: might-pick-up-again, written-reviews, alphas-i-ve-fallen-for
Read on April 15, 2012

AAAAnd..were back with the second book in the Covenant series.

Pretty much starting off where the last one started, things get very tense between the Pures and the Half-Bloods. And, Alex gets caught in the middle of it.

She's still pretty much the same hot-headed and reckless chick she was in Half-Blood . A surprise was that we got ALOT of Seth in this book. When he was first introduced in the first book he came off as very stoic and cold. But, I loved that in this new one we see different sides to him. (and just so you know I'm totally Team Seth. >.>)

Aiden. *sigh* Aiden. What can I say? Dude, you were so wishy-washy here that I was just a bit turned off. I mean it's either this or that. I MEAN MAKE UP YOUR MIND! (view spoiler) BUT STILL. You can not do what you constantly did to Alex all up and down this damn book. I mean, EITHER MAN UP OR SHUT UP. Simple, baby, simple.

*warning Seth-induced fangirling beginning*

I LOVE SETH. <--- that pretty much says it all. Seth was very playful here, and the witty but slightly violent bickering and banter he did with Alex was awesome. It's weird how alike the two really are.
(view spoiler)

I'll be honest I'd love it if Alex and Seth end up together. But, let's be real, hmm? Since when do the main girls EVER end up with the second lead guy -- who by the way is usually the one always there for her, but noooo yet she picks stoic oh-I-can't-be-with-you-but-I-love-you-so-I'll-confuse-you-here-and-there guy....LOL

Anyhoo, basically I enjoyed it. Armentrout hit the jackpot again. *sliently waits for Onyx...*

Edit: I forgot to talk about this

(view spoiler)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Pure.

Quotes Megan Liked

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“No one is like you, Alex."
I grinned. "I'll take that as a compliment."
"It is." He nudged me again, and my grin gew into another ludicrous smile- the kind Caleb gave Olivia when they weren't tearing each other's heads off. "You're incredibly intelligent, Alex. Funny and..."
"Pretty?"
"No, not pretty."
"Cute?"
"No."
I frowned. "Well, then."
Aiden's laugh sent shivers through me. "I was going to say 'stunning.' You're stunningly beautiful.”
Jennifer L. Armentrout, Pure

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“Seth threw me a mischievous grin. “I can’t have Marcus just walking in on us. What if I want to snuggle on these cold New York nights?”
My frown increased. “We don’t snuggle.”
He dropped his arm over my shoulder, and the scent of mint and something wild tickled my nose. “How about we cuddle?”
“We don’t do that either.”
“But you’re my cuddle bunny. My little Apollyon cuddle—” I punched him in the side.”
Jennifer L. Armentrout, Pure

04/15/2012 page 166
50.0% "OMG SETH. WHOSE AIDEN? I HAVE NO IDEA. SETH IS ALL THAT MATTERS.

Seth, can I be your cuddle bunny? lol"
04/15/2012 page 223
68.0% "tears down my face and screaming into my pillow.

SETH!"
04/15/2012 page 329
100.0% "tears down my face and screaming into my pillow.

SETH!"