Diane's Reviews > The Invisible Chains - Part 1: Bonds of Hate

The Invisible Chains - Part 1 by Andrew Ashling

May 06, 12

Read from April 28 to May 02, 2012

What amazes me about authors who write fantasy, science fiction, paranormal - any genres where new worlds, sets of names of people, countries and such are part of it, that they have such a depth to their imagination to pull this together! I mean, authors imaginations impress me no matter what, but I would need some kind of flow chart to keep track of all the names, relations, villages and such that are part of these books!

That said, this is a great fantasy story and how it begins gives absolutely no hint to how it will end, you meet some great characters along the way and you hope to hear more about them and their story, secrets are revealed, but even more are hinted at before you get to the end. The Anaxantis you thought you knew at the beginning has been changed and it's hard to say who the real boy/man is by the time you reach the end. But it is done so well, of course you want to know more!

I was barely a third of the way through this book before I went and bought the rest of the series since Andrew was a new author for me, but I quickly realized I'd want to know the rest of the story too much not to order the rest of the books!!!

Great characters, great story with oh so many layers and possibilities, I'm already starting book two!!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Invisible Chains - Part 1.