Cindi's Reviews > Lover at Last

Apr 15, 2012

liked it
bookshelves: j-r-ward, 2013, m-m, series, vamps, pre-order, on-blog
Read from March 26 to 28, 2013 — I own a copy

Edited: The 3 stars are for Blay and Qhuinn's story only. I don't feel the need to rate the back stories.

A somewhat disappointing end to a series (for me, not the series as a whole) that I once loved.

Full review FULL OF SPOILERS can be found at On Top Down Under Book Reviews.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lover at Last.

03/26/2013 "Marking it as 'currently reading' but I can honestly say I am not that eager to jump into it which is a shame because these characters are the reason I read the genre I read now. I do not have high hopes."
03/27/2013
14.0% "I'm thinking I will avoid Goodreads (or at least the update page) until I'm done with this book. I have never seen so many spoilers posted in updates before."
03/28/2013
100.0% "Finally. Review to come."
show 4 hidden updates…

message 1: by Kazza (new) - added it

Kazza Great review. No more BDB for me either. Gone from auto-buy to the purgatory pile forever now for me.

message 2: by Cindi (last edited Mar 28, 2013 09:35PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Cindi Kazza wrote: "Great review. No more BDB for me either. Gone from auto-buy to the purgatory pile forever now for me."

I really hate that for both of us. Oh well. It was fun while it lasted.

And thank you.

message 3: by Kazza (new) - added it

Kazza Cindi wrote: "Kazza wrote: "Great review. No more BDB for me either. Gone from auto-buy to the purgatory pile forever now for me."

I really hate that for both of us. Oh well. It was fun while it lasted.

And t..."

Everything comes to an end. This one sooner than I thought.

Cindi Kazza wrote: "Cindi wrote: "Kazza wrote: "Great review. No more BDB for me either. Gone from auto-buy to the purgatory pile forever now for me."

I really hate that for both of us. Oh well. It was fun while it ..."

Me too. :(

message 5: by Kazza (new) - added it

Kazza Cindi wrote: "Kazza wrote: "Cindi wrote: "Kazza wrote: "Great review. No more BDB for me either. Gone from auto-buy to the purgatory pile forever now for me."

I really hate that for both of us. Oh well. It was..."

We've got so many good books to choose from :(

Alex is The Romance Fox Absolutely brilliant review. I'm in the middle of the book right now and I am still hoping!!!!! I love this series a lot and would not want to give up on future books.

Cindi Alex wrote: "Absolutely brilliant review. I'm in the middle of the book right now and I am still hoping!!!!! I love this series a lot and would not want to give up on future books.

:)"

Thanks, Alex. I think I would have been okay had Blay and Qhuinn got more time together. The back stories kind of killed it for me. I hope you enjoy it. :)

SANDRA Totally agree with you Cindi the back stories were just too damn much what happened to it being just about B&Q. Still pissed, I just finished the book.. :( it took me forever to finish because of the crap that was thrown in before I could get some B&Q love. and seriously they only had like 200 pages and the rest were about stupid people. *pouting*

Cindi SANDRA wrote: "Totally agree with you Cindi the back stories were just too damn much what happened to it being just about B&Q. Still pissed, I just finished the book.. :( it took me forever to finish because of t..."

I don't think they came close to having 200 pages.. Blay and Qhuinn I mean. If they got that much page time I will be surprised. It seemed like much less.

I just read (and responded to) your comment on the blog. It's good to see others agree with me. I was a tad bitter at the time that I typed that review... obviously. :)

message 10: by Kesha (last edited Apr 06, 2013 07:18AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Kesha Your review said pretty much everthing I felt about the book. I finally finished the book last night and went to read your review and post my comments on there....I'm so bummed :(

Cindi Kesha wrote: "Your review said pretty much everthing I felt about the book. I finally finished the book last night and went to ready your review and post my comments on there....I'm so bummed :("

I will check out your comment on the blog. I was obviously very disappointed over the way Blay and Qhuinn's story played out. Such a shame because you know my love for the series. I'm done with it I believe. The two I loved got their story (though not much of one). Now I'm done. :(

Kesha I just found a typo in my previous comment...I hate that.

Cindi Kesha wrote: "I just found a typo in my previous comment...I hate that.

Yeah I'm pretty much done with the series too...I can't believe she is doing another book on Wrath & Beth...why mess with perfection?"

I didn't notice the typo. It drives me crazy (as Kazza can attest) if I make one though. I am too much of a perfectionist when I write stuff. I seriously need to get over that I think. :)

I was under the impression awhile back that Beth and Wrath would have a quick short about them wanting to have a baby. Why in the world would she mess with them and write a long book about it? I don't understand it. It's like she is taking the series backwards. Their book was the best one in my opinion. Why screw it up?

message 14: by Kazza (new) - added it

Kazza Cindi wrote: "Kesha wrote: "I just found a typo in my previous comment...I hate that.

Ditto. Can you sing Money, money, money....

message 15: by Kazza (new) - added it

Kazza Kesha wrote: "I just found a typo in my previous comment...I hate that.

I agree!

Cindi Kazza wrote: "Cindi wrote: "Kesha wrote: "I just found a typo in my previous comment...I hate that.

Yep. You got it in one my friend.

Kesha I would think that after the B&Q disappointment her readership would be affected...but I don't expect that to happen.

message 18: by Kazza (new) - added it

Kazza Lots of squee fan girls but I think this series is going (to go) downhill.