Mason's Reviews > The Summer I Turned Pretty

The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han

U 50x66
Apr 15, 2012

Nobody hopes for and loves summer as much as Belly. Every summer, her mother, brother, and herself join family friend Susannah and Susannah's sons Jeremiah and Conrad at their beach house. For as long as Belly can remember, she's had a crush on older son Conrad. But could this summer be the summer she falls for good friend Jeremiah? Don't forget the newly met Cam Cameron(; throughout the book secrets are revealed about Belly's summers and towards the end, Belly starts viewing the world with others included, not just herself.
Great read.
This is a terrific coming of age book. I didnt's think I would enjoy this boook as much as I did. The classic love triangle (or square) is demonstrated amazingly. Chapters dedicated to past summer experiences portrayed each character even better. The end of this book had me craving the next. I especially felt a connection with the relationship of Belly and her ex/best friend Taylor in comparison to my relationship with a friend. The childhood crush ordeal was reflected perfectly. This really reveals the life of the average teen. Heartbreak, first love, friendships, loss, etc. Can't wait to read the second book in the series (It's Not Summer Without You)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Summer I Turned Pretty.