Kate's Reviews > Twice Tempted by a Rogue

Twice Tempted by a Rogue by Tessa Dare

Apr 27, 12

bookshelves: 2012, romance, regency-romance
Read on April 15, 2012

I want to start by saying that I liked the two leads in this book a lot. I liked Rhys and I liked Meredith as individuals. They were both strong, capable people who were making the most of the hand fate had dealt them. I thought on their own they were funny and passionate. Together, though, while they made a good match at the end, I didn't so much enjoy their story. It felt rushed and poorly planned. It also felt easy, mostly because as much as Meredith harped on all the difficulties that would come with being with Rhys, none of her complaints made a whole lot of sense to me. Really, though, her "I loved you when I was young" issue might have been what derailed this train. I think had Rhys and Meredith never met before, this would have been a very different and much better story.

I again had the problem where Tessa Dare featured one plot too many. The smuggler plot was completely unnecessary and detracted from what I think could have been a very interesting and unique story about a town and district who have given up on their "lord" whose abandoned them. Honestly, this was kind of the plot I expected because Tessa Dare so often highlights socioeconomic difficulties of the time, and I was disappointed when it didn't come to fruition.

I hate to say this, but this book just felt sloppy for me. It seemed like it was written in a hurry and then the first draft was edited from grammar but not for content and style. I'm disappointed, too, because of all the "stud club" members, Rhys seemed to have the most interesting story to tell, and I wish we'd have had more of it.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Twice Tempted by a Rogue.