Mason's Reviews > Mockingjay

Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins

U 50x66
Apr 16, 12

After Katniss Everdeen is rescued from the Quarter Quell by the Rebels, she is a bit distraught. Her district and home has been burned down. Few people escaped. The refugees fled to District 13, the district that was thought to of been demolished up until now. There, a group of people have been plotting to overthrow the Capitol for quite some time. All they need is an inspiration for the rest of the districts to set off a war against the Capitol. District 13 wants Katniss to be the face of the rebellion. While the Rebels were able to rescue Finnick, Beetee, and Katniss, Johanna and Peeta remain under the Capitols property. Will Katniss carry out this war? If so, how can she save everyone she cares when the capitol is holding the Boy With The Bread beyond her grasp?
Phenominal book.
I was a bit disappointed in the lack of romance between Katniss and Peeta, but I guess that's what gave the story depth. It was hard watching, more of reading, about amazing characters dying. Thank goodness Haymitch, Peeta, and Katniss survived. The true victors. I disliked how Katniss voted for a final Hunger Game involving Capitol children. Even though it was tough and emotional to read, I think the ending was good. She finally realized that she really needed Peeta, not her cousin(; Also, I think the ending showed that even though Katniss had practically had the worst life ever, she continued to fight through it and made it out terrifically.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mockingjay.

Quotes Mason Liked

Suzanne Collins
“You love me. Real or not real?"
I tell him, "Real.”