Lucy Leblanc's Reviews > All Fall Down

All Fall Down by Megan Hart

Apr 22, 12

Read from April 15 to 22, 2012

Megan Hart grabs the readers attention from the start. The novel opens with a mother telling her 19 year-old daughter to escape from the Sanctuary, the home of a religious cult, and take her three small children with her and go to her biological father's house. A man Sunny does not know and, in fact, her father does not know about her. Thus begins the journey of Sunny and her three children into the world of the "blemished." At first, it is hard for the reader to understand how someone could become brainwashed by the leader of a cult but as the story unfolds and the reader gets an inside look through Sunny's eyes, it is not too difficult to see why it is hard for Sunny to assimilate into a normal society. At times Hart makes the reader wonder if the "normal" world is such a wonderful place for Sunny and her little family. This is an emotional story and one that will stay with you for some time. Although I enjoyed this book, I found some of the plot contrived. Also, I was curious to know more about Chris, Sunny's father, and what Sunny's four-year-old child was thinking about the changes in his life. I would have liked more book to flesh out some of the plot points and learn more about the supporting characters. A good read that could very easily become and excellent read with a few minor tweaks.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read All Fall Down.